Apache2 server cant not run .php file!

u mean the public_html folder? last time i checked i dont have those files in there but still works. now i don’t know what happen.

can i re-create the folder? i mean the public_html folder…

Do you have any files in your public_html folder? This must be a setting somewhere, maybe I’ll get a chance to do a fresh apache install in a virtual machine this weekend to see if I can track it down as I’ve customized 90% of the version of apache I’m running.

yes i have files in it. just a few minutes ago i can view the content of the folder in the webpage but after i copy few .php and .html files in the public_html folder suddenly it can’t be opened. I really don’t have any idea what’s happening.

do i need to make the folder world-readable? (i found this somewhere else) but how?

i think last time i have those files but it’s hidden. now i don’t have it at all. maybe because of some operation. i don’t know. anyway, is there any way to re-gain it?

i think index.php file were missing in my folder. can i create a new index.php? can you post me the content of index.php?

??

i’ve solved the problem by re-install my apache. please close this thread. thank you.

Ah, good to hear. I’m still trying to get a VM setup with Ubuntu 12.10 to play around, but at least now I know you’ve got it handled :slight_smile: