Best alternative to Outlook Express

Firebird? I assume you mean Mozilla Firefox, which is a standalone Mozilla browser. Whereas Mozilla SeaMonkey is a Internet suite that contains an E-mail client and a few other programs.

With Firefox you’d usually download Mozilla Thunderbird mail client to complement the Fx browser.

I’m looking for a replacement for the email client Outlook Express

So, I was wanting to know which is better, Thunderbird or SeaMonkey

I’d really rather have independent identities in the email client I choose where you have to close down one identity before opening up and using another identity (just like Outlook Express)

I never did try Outlook for very long because I didn’t like having to be careful not to send email from some other identity (by accident) and found it easier to use Outlook Express since it has independent identities.

Are there any email clients like this anymore? OR, do all of these have all identities in the same window similar to Outlook?

I gotta get my wife’s new computer (Win 7, 64 bit) all setup so I have to make a decision on what email client is going to be used.

I’d really rather have independent identities in the email client I choose where you have to close down one identity before opening up and using another identity (just like Outlook Express)

Take a look at Thunderbird profiles

I thought T-Bird was like Outlook where when you send an email
you have to choose from a drop down menu what email address
you are sending the message from?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_manager