Contact Form Function

this is just placeholder though I dont know what goes there exactly…TangledDemo is nothing.

Whatever you want the From address to be shown as when you receive the email.

I added the email address I want it sent too.

So I have either webformmailer.php or gdform.php to chose from. I attached them but I do not think they have the right code. webformmailer.php (4.8 KB) gdform.php (774 Bytes) I chose to direct it to webformmailer and since im using my own form tag I am using /webformmailer but it does not send the email…

Can you post your updated HTML form that is calling webformmailer.php?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Page Title</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style_form.css">
</head>

<body>
  <div class="container">  
  <form id="contact" action="/webformmailer.php" method="post">
    <h3>Contact Us</h3>
    <h4>Contact Us today!</h4>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="fullname" placeholder="Your name" type="text" tabindex="1" required autofocus>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="email"  placeholder="Your Email Address" type="email" tabindex="2" required>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="phonenumber" placeholder="Your Phone Number" type="tel" tabindex="3" required>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <textarea name="message" placeholder="Type your Message Here...." tabindex="5" required></textarea>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <button name="submit" type="submit" id="contact-submit" data-submit="...Sending">Submit</button>
    </fieldset>
  </form>
</div>

</body>

</html>

You need to add the following hidden fields: (from https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/8376/using-our-php-form-mailers-on-web-classic-hosting)

<input type="hidden" name="form_order" value="alpha"/>
<input type="hidden" name="form_delivery" value="hourly_digest"/>
<input type="hidden" name="form_format" value="html"/>

Digging into webformmailer.php maybe you don’t and it will just default to every 15 minutes? Either way, the data is sent on an interval, so you’ll have to wait X number of minutes to get it.

I should probably note that I’ve stopped using the mail() function in PHP. I find it horrible any more. I now use phpMailer or SwiftMailer to send emails.

If you put the following in the search (top right), you’ll find a lot of resources for getting phpMailer setup
phpmailer user:cpradio

I put these in still got no email…

<h3>Contact Us</h3>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="fullname" placeholder="Your name" type="text" tabindex="1" required autofocus>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="email"  placeholder="Your Email Address" type="email" tabindex="2" required>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <input name="phonenumber" placeholder="Your Phone Number" type="tel" tabindex="3" required>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <textarea name="message" placeholder="Type your Message Here...." tabindex="5" required></textarea>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
      <button name="submit" type="submit" id="contact-submit" data-submit="...Sending">Submit</button>
    </fieldset>
  </form>

I see it seems you have to pay for that and I dont think my company will want that.

Which one? I’m certain phpMailer is free.

Oh ok nevermind. I thought I saw some sort of pay process of the bottom…

Donations.

whoops hehe ok :joy:

Do you why it still has not functioned thought on this?:

<h3>Contact Us</h3>
    <fieldset>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    </fieldset>
    <fieldset>
    </fieldset>
  </form>

Okay, so I didn’t mean to drop this off, but if you haven’t got it working using GoDaddy’s scripts, you may want to see if this article released today is of any help

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.