Criteria of a Quality Article

The article must be of very good quality and original. It must pass the copyscape. Main thing is it should gather readers.

I think grammar is probably the most important thing (outside of possibly the title). If you have nothing but mistakes, people will assume the worst about you and will assume that you don’t know what you are talking about. Even if you have the most amazing content, you will lose out.

This is the absolute best answer in my view. Just like a great movie, an article or even a book that makes the reader think or feel “beyond” the ending is the ultimate. Engaging, informative or however one wants to classify an article, in the end, any author wants the reader to “get” and carry the story with them.

It is not all about sticky ideas, but rather about the value or degree of conveyance. This is, of course, difficult to achieve and rare. Just my thoughts.

Phil

In my opinion, it depends on the theme of the article. You are right that most articles need to be written in similar way like the drama.

On the other hand, if you write article about e. g. what to look for in a good web hosting company, people will read it because they simply need this information. Especially when they came from google when they searched for information which they need to know before they order a web hosting package.

I think there is no one particular criteria for a good article. Lot’s of things go into making an article. First and foremost, the article has to be rich in content, crisp and to the point. Also, it has be free from errors like spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. The number of paragraphs, the mod of the article, the format are other important factors that can make or break an article.

As for me an article must adrenalize the readers to click on the author bio box link leading to his web site to read more info. It means the artical must be not complete and stimulating for further actions.

Quality information presented in a down to earth manner is what I look for. Better if the steps required for action is broken into phases for implementation. :slight_smile:

Add every tip you can add in your article, if it seems so long, split it into two article. 300 words per article is a good average.

Majority of the articles directories require 500 words per article.

This thread had nothing to do with article directories. The title is “Criteria of a Quality Article”. Please keep your posts on topic.

Adding links to other resources that the reader can consult for further information also adds to the value of an article. I’ve seen some articles that gives only short tips but provide links to resources that discussed the subject matter in a much more detailed way.

I agree totally. It seems that in the online environment one cannot do without the approval of Copyscape and DupeFreePro as a complete benchmark to producing a quality article.

Title is important. It is the one that can make the reader click or not. Then it goes to content.

from my knowledge and point of view.

There are few elements need to be consider.

Your audience. who are the peoples who is going to read your articles and who you expecting?

Use more emotional words

Good content and grammar free lol…

That’s what i have in mind at the moment

informative, educational, and it should be original!

Yes, “Quality content” is universally accepted as the prime and foremost criterion of a quality article. But what is " quality content"? I think it is informativeness, proper grammar, appropriate spelling, comprehensibility of language and organized presentation that count.

I would consider an article as a “quality” one if it satisfies the reader and gives a true picture without any distraction…

The main criteria for any kind of writing is clarity. Always write to express and not impress. Thats of foremost importance. Besides write in short sentences. Use simple words.

Voicing out your thoughts is the best way to write your article. You don’t have to research about what you are about to write because you already know the subject. Articles are written by experts of that field. If not, then you must be a good writer to write things that you are not an expert of the topic. :smiley:

Basic English is required for Content Writing and it also depends for what you are writing.