Custom Drop Down Menu Box

Ok I’ve uploaded the page to my server with the links updated and the image commented out, can you check it and see that everything is working right, and that it looks ok? Thanks! http://50.142.6.29/

ronpat,
I replaced the hashes with the links but they still aren’t redirecting to their respective pages.

The problem is entirely with my code. This is gonna be embarrassing. :blush: Give me some time to work it out. Sorry.

Ok, you’re fine, I was sure that I was making some stupid mistake. You all have been a great help and I really appreciate it!

OK, finally redone. Again, I apologize for the first go-round of goofy code. :blush:

This version “d” works as intended. The links have been tested and work properly.

The code validates perfectly (but so did the previous two. :rolleyes:)

As a bonus, I optimized the background image for the “Movies” page. It’s in the /imgs/ folder.
abstract.jpg is 1,318 KB (the original 100% quality jpg)
abstract40.jpg is only 96 KB (the optimized 40% quality jpg)

Seriously think about routinely optimizing the images that you use for your site. These things are unnecessarily HUGE!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axyk8bns96ga4hl/yIfI4M6646

Its Working like a dream! Thanks so much, It’s live here at 50.142.6.29

Very good. Thanks for the feedback.

And now I have to update the other pages lol.

That’s where using a tiny bit of PHP is advisable. Ideally, you just want the code for that menu in one place, and to have it pulled into each page. A nice way to do this is with PHP includes.

I did test the menu on an iPad (which I’m using now) and the menu isn’t triggered there, as it lacks hover functionality. That’s one reason why I’m not keen on drop down menus. You have enough space on your page for the menu to be visible at all times. Anyhow, i guess this is where a click option would be good, if you care about accessing the site via tablets etc.

How hard would it be to include a click option if I were to need it later on? Also, I had an Idea earlier this afternoon that I’d like to run by you guys to see if it’s possible. I want to have a video player with a drop-down select box where you can pick a video to play, is that doable?

Hey Ralph.m,
I was going through that tutorial about the php and .htaccess files and after setting everything up I’ve run into a curious error on my main page,

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

This has never happened before… Any idea what could have caused it? Thank you.

Sounds like a problem with the .htaccess file. Could you post its entire contents here?