Day 2: The Great Photography Competition

So, I just came back from the beach. It was really cloudy and rainy all day long, but as I reached the fishing pier where one can find a beach taxi pretty much always, the sun came out for 5 minutes and gave the taxi a long shadow. The sun sets early here in the south.

The taxies are used to transport beach equipment for people who have to park away a bit from the beach, so they load their stuff onto the buggy and can walk easily to the beach.

Here is a submission for Postal Box:

Uh, I thought that posting can start any time, even though you did not say so :slight_smile: Once the photo is done it just sits around :smiley:

Maybe just call it a 48 hour period from start to finish? :slight_smile:

Sorry guys - the timestamp on my post isn’t actually relevant - I pre-wrote all the posts!

Submission begins at 4pm today (4.5 hours from this post) and runs for 24 hours.

Any ideas how I can make this easier for everyone?

Hmm, don’t know if I’m early to Day Two’s party, but don’t want to be just a tad tardy like I was for Day One.

Here’s the bus, one of two that travel through this town on an hourly basis.

I just MUST share this one because it is entertaining!

That’s correct.
Unless you are in New Jersey!

To that end, if the timestamp of his “2nd-day-of-contest” post is 20:16, on the the “4th” of July, (one day prior to the ‘Start’ of the contest, 48 or no 48,) you’re saying I have until 20:15:59 on the 6th of July (today for me) to contribute day two’s assignment?

Ok, gotcha. (I think.)

Just look at the time of HAWK’s post and count 48 hours from that time, that is the time you have. 48 hours are 48 hours :slight_smile:

Just to make it a bit easier on addled brains, if it is now the time of 9:17am, Jul. 6, what time is it in terms of this “contest’s timeline”?

I ask because I may have lost out on the Day one shoot (–another request here to let my Day 1 photo into the fray… :wink: ) due to being out of town and not really grasping the 24 hour planning/24 for submission time-capsule thing.

So, might you, o-omnipotent-contest-overseer, give me simply the translation of the above mentioned time? Either as a straight translation, or with regard to how many hours are left from that time till deadline for submission for day 2.

Thanks again for your consideration,

Michael