Download SitePoint’s ENTIRE Ruby on Rails book FREE!

[FONT=“Georgia”]My guess is that the book wasn’t selling because no-one uses Ruby on Rails apart from vgarcia and he only bought one copy.

[/FONT]

I am having problems downloading the book, when the progress bar complete a dialog box pop-up it says that “the file is damaged cannot be loaded” what do I do? Please help me! I appreciate the help. Thanks and more power to Site point! You may send me the link or other options thru my email villanueva.marvin@gmail.com thanks a lot.

Very nice! Thanks SitePoint! :slight_smile:

I am having problems downloading the book if the progress has finished a dialog box appears “the file is damaged and cannot be repaired” I’m eager to learn Ruby on Rails! How can I solve the problem? I appreciate the help thanks.

Unless you actually DID buy the ‘now free’ book. Which leaves me wondering/hoping when my refund/credit on version update edtition, will arrive. Hmmm, methinks not/dreamin’ mate…

Contrary to others people’s experiences, I didn’t encounter any problems with my download link, I received it after about 5 minutes, just as promised.
So, whatever the motivation behind this is: Thanks Sitepoint!!!

Thanks for the book. Before I start with this I will have to finish Yank’s PHP book :cool:

Finally I have succeeded after 16hrs of downloading the book!!! and it’s worth it!
The book is great! Thank to you guys!

I love Sitepoint and I love free stuff so I got the book as soon as I got the email. I had no problems getting my download link or downloading the book.

I’m not trying to be greedy but … I want the code and could not download it without buying the book:( . Is there any way I can get the code so I don’t ‘get carpal tunnel syndrome’ doing all that typing???

Now you know one of the reasons they are giving it away free - now you need to buy the book to get access to the downloadable code.

Actually I expect the most likely reason would be to get more people interested in ROR so that they have a bigger market for their future books in that area.

As it explains in the book, just go to http://www.sitepoint.com/books/rails1/code.php. You’ll need to enter your email address and a code word (which is the last word in chapter 9, “submissions”). I just tested it and it worked fine for me.

Nice :tup: :smiley:

Copy and paste from the pdf?

To those miserable, moaning coders feeling sorry for themselves because they paid, and feeling pissed at sitepoint for giving something away for free, PHARRRRRRRKHOFF! You suck.

You are part of the reason lazy fat A_holes in pin-stripe suits get to tell the rest of us what to do. You enable greed to rule. Where is the “Good Onya Mate” to the lucky folks like me, who can’t afford the book but desperately need it!

Perhaps someone should get the lot of you and bang your heads together.

If that’s the thanks sitepoint get for their gesture, who knows, maybe they’ll think twice next time, and won’t give away that other book you’ve been hanging out for but can’t quite stretch the budget to accomodate!

FWIW, I couldn’t download on the Mac but had no trouble with Window$, also I got the code samples no wuckin furries!

From the heart, THANKS SITEPOINT, up to page 30 and (as Costanza would say) I’m lovin it Gerry!

great, i’ve been looking into learning something new! This will give me a chance to do just that.

I would love to get this book, and I have been trying to download it most of the day. But its been hours, and I still haven’t received the download link. Is it still available?

Same here. Is there a problem with the download again?

Check your spam/junk folders and also ensure that sitepoint.com is whitelisted.

Likewise, if you are using SpamArrest or one of their competitors, you might have to temporarily disable it.

Nope. Nothing in the spam folder. I checked there initially, as well.

I tried two different email addresses, one with no mail blocking enabled at all.

The other one already receives other sitepoint messages.

finally - just got the email. thanks anyway for the suggestions