Drupal or Wordpress, which should I use?

Good summary and you can’t go wrong with either - they’re both good platforms with active communities.

@chrisofarabia – We’ve got a nice article on b2evolution coming up soon on SitePoint :slight_smile:

Is that a fact? :wink:

1 Like

Hehe! The penny just dropped Chris :wink:

1 Like

Wordpress is more useful and easy to handle website and Google also like and rank Wordpress.

No, it isn’t.

Not necessarily.

No it does not.

I don’t know where you get your information but nothing you said is true. At best it is an opinion at worse just none sense by a devoted slave to Wordpress.

You can tell clients that all you like but you’re sure to get a reaction from people whom actually know this stuff.

Well if you are looking on the aspects of SEO i would prefer wordpress otherwise both are good.

Why is Wordpress better for SEO than Drupal?

For a news website, WordPress is better than Drupal since it is easier to use and comes with a lot of free plugins. You can get everything for free as long as you are on WordPress.

In many cases I might agree that WordPress was a good choice - ease of use, familiarity of developers, particular plugins.

This isn’t one of them.

I’ve seen far, far more paid plugins and themes for Wordpress than for Drupal. In my experience, a much higher amount of material is available free on Drupal. As I said, I don’t necessarily think Drupal is better for this use case - but I completely disagree with your reasoning for saying so, sorry. Even if all WordPress content was free, it’d still just level them out.

WordPress is not better than Drupal for SEO – wrong assumption.
Drupal powers 2.1% of global websites while WordPress powers 23.3%. You can see where the trend is going. It is up to you whether you want to become a trend-follower or a trend-setter.
By the way, using Drupal will not make you a trend-setter :blush:

WordPress is not better than Drupal for SEO – wrong assumption.

Agreed. Neither platform is inherently better for SEO, it’s what one does with it that matters.

Drupal powers 2.1% of global websites while WordPress powers 23.3%. You can see where the trend is going. It is up to you whether you want to become a trend-follower or a trend-setter.
By the way, using Drupal will not make you a trend-setter :blush:

1. You think that adopting a platform that is already employed makes one a “trend-setter” instead of a “trend-follower”? Wouldn’t that be a perfect definition of a trend follower? :smile:

2. Why would anyone care about trend setting or following in our line of work? Use the tool that is best for the job. If Wordpress matches your needs and skill set and that of your users, use that. If Drupal does, then use it. It’s as simple as that.

It is not very easy to decide between the formats you mentioned as it lot depends on kind of requirements and functionalities you want out of your store. I would highly recommend WordPress for your site. It is customizable; cost effective; easy to integrate and above all it has very large community support and with that you can maintain or get it maintained very easily and effectively.