FAQ: Google

The mod_rewrite was a good tip. Thanks for that one.

Thanks for sharing

Why does my website have a higher PR with the ‘www’ then without it?

You should include abit about how you can now specify which one you want Google to use in a Google Sitemaps account.

An important doubt I have is: we can’t change our own domain info?

I have a site with 7 years, which means that I can’t:

• change my whois info, or protect it ?
  • transfer it to another registrar ?
  • change webhosting ?

Or they will think I sold my site?

It’s a pitty, because since 2000 I’ve done this several times, and the domain was always mine…

The internet is an ever changing world. We can’t let it grow static.

Very good & Informative read… Thanks stymiee and everyone…a few eye openers too!:eek:

This will be very helpful!

Noice work, stymiee

Hello guys,

I have a question also about my blogs. Last week , the alexa rank is quiet high, it reach to 6 million + but today when I check the rank it down 2 million plus. What do you think is the reason why it lower compare to previous week?

Comment/suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank is advance.

Awesome FAQ!

Sorry folks on my last post in this topic. Yeah, I’m asking about alexa ranking and we know that alexa is for traffic, right? when I wrote this post, all working in my mind is PR not TRAFFIC that’s why I asked about this. But now I realized that alexa is for traffic not PR and I know already that my blog keeps on growing because as I’ve said last last day it hits 6 million + but now it lowers down to 2 million + meaning that it still growing.

Another great post there Stymiee

Good work stymiee…
Thanks for post.

Great post. Covers most of the basics in one post.

Another wonderful Thread for New Comer Like me. Great!:lol:

Great work stymiee on your SEO post. I disagree about one point. I do think that google ranks .com over other domain names.

I have also noticed that some search engines are now able to read some javascripts text.

You have a link Google Zeitgeist, it is no longer working, it should be google hottrends now.

They don’t and there is no reason to. there is nothing special about .com that it should rank higher so why should they do so? It’s not the TLD that matters. It’s the content.

I wonder if anybody can translate to my language ,but anyway ,like to try and give the credit to sitepoint.
Regards
dochost

Know more from this!

thanks for this post.:slight_smile:

What you think about keyword frequency, density, prominence?