Graphics competition - you interested?

That is good Robert, except put just a few 0 & 1 :slight_smile:

A timid attempt.

A timid attempt revisited.

A timid attempt revisited & retouched. Previous attempt should be ignored.

And on the page it should look this.

So, a little about my later illustration.

On developer’s side: I’ve included colours and fonts from the existing CSS style: div class=“wrap” border colour (#CAD6E8) for background and Georgia italic for titles. Why? 'Coz I’m one of them and I like being helped as well as helping.

On designer’s side: Rome was a central point of a vast empire. Web is one. And in ancient Rome, the Roman Forum was the political and religious centre http://sights.seindal.dk/sight/4_Forum_Romanum.html.

Being that you asked for a community representation, I believe that symbols here are well served.

And another one. I put it in page, so it’s easy to judge.

It’s seems I can’t stop. Somebody, please. :lol:

Well, a bit of an adjustment on the m letter there. Now it’s looking right.

And the image, of course. :blush:

I’ve asked you people to stop me! I’ve warned you! Why didn’t you listen to me!:rofl:

I’ve added some “community” to it. I believe now it has enough elements. Let me know your thoughts.

My pathetic attempt is attached.

Kinda rushed it, 'coz I’m really busy.

And the last one. Got to go NOW! My wife IS KILLING ME!:stuck_out_tongue:

I submit yet another proposal. This time I’ve cleaned up the “picture”, and put in place a catchy slogan. I’ve rebuilt the entire scene. Made some new 3D elements: a user, a globe, a link. The environment is no longer an anonymous place, it’s on a tar covered street facing a brick wall.

The tiles making up Sitepoint’s logo are laid as coloured cement pavement. The raised m gave me the opportunity to slip in Sitepoint’s web address.

I suppose that if you can’t find anything to do on the forum, you can at least bang the globe against the wall. :cool:

The colours used in Sitepoint’s logo are a bit bright and crude, so I really can’t decide about lights and colours, as it looks very different on my laptop screen, on my home desktop or on my work station. Today’s LCD monitors really mess up with me. :confused:

Seeing that nobody is yet shouting: “Leave it alone already !”, I’ve tweaked a bit the last one.

I didn’t like the “feeling” in that one, so I tried to give the scene a cosy dim look of a peaceful play room, awaiting it’s little guests. Also I tried to give the elements a toy like look.

Feel free to post as many as you like. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m back with more tinkering. :lol:

I’ve “raised” SP’s logo (it looks easy to spot and recognize now), added some light to the globe, changed positioning a little bit.

Thank god this contest will be over thursday !!!

This one I think sums it up. I’m posting a bigger version along with a small one, fitted in page.

Yes, I can’t help my self! I’ve draged you all in this graphic monolog of mine. Lucky for you, tomorow is all done. :rofl:

Now, one weakness of the previous proposition was the positioning of the slogan. So I’ve changed that.

Also, I’ve made a sketchy version too, I thought it looks interesting. Each version comes with a big picture and a in-place picture.

Forgot to light the globe.:blush:

Well people, it’s Thursday the 24th here in NZ so it’s decision time - and I’ve made one.

First I want to thank you all for your entries - there is some great stuff. I feel terribly guilty for the stress this competition has put on the marriage of ulyses :wink: and I hope his wife forgives him soon.

But the winner is roberts126 with this entry

I like the idea that the forums get us thinking and this entry says that to me.

So PM me with your name for attribution and your backlink details roberts126 and watch for tomorrows blog post.