How do you get faster and more efficient?

Good OOP using Tru API

Exercise (Ride a bike before you work on stuff), Good sleep, and Cleaning out your mailbox every few days. That helps me TONS.

You must plan your work first then implement it within your work! so it can ease your 50% of work! because Planning makes work Organized and Successful

if you are on a laptop shortcuts are key

cut <CTL>X
copy <CTL>C
past <CTL>v

however i swear i work better w/ mouse and rt click options when on my desktop.

Designing - you can’t really rush this. Proper planning, research and wireframing may take longer than jumping straight into the design, but in the long run are more likely to get this phase completed less painfully! :slight_smile:

Coding - code snippets are your best friend. Also making sure you have a solid framework to start each new project will reduce the time it takes to build the site and in some cases debug if you have a great reset.css file :slight_smile:

dual-monitor :slight_smile:

IDE on one monitor and browser on the other :slight_smile:

Get a video card that supports dual monitor.

I can’t work on a single monitor desktop after going dual. Best way to boost efficiency.

Cheers
Ryan

you could also use a virtual desktop app like dexpot if youre short on cash (or desk space!) for a second monitor :smiley:

You must plan your work first before working on a project. Think how you’re going to do it. And save a copy of your previous works as your reference.

Great listing of ideas from everyone, time management, organization, break your day down into increments and most of all, like said earlier, get lots of rest and exercise!! Take time off for yourself as being self-employed can lead to lots of hours!

One last important thought, Drink Lots of Coffee!!

Wrong advice, especially for a high strung person as the OP.

LOL…guess that could be!

Not good for those who have High Blood Pressure.

Made worse by the fact that the crash 40 minutes later - or the induced crash from too much of it in constant ingestion can make a person completely useless… You know, the hundred yard stare? The PTSD dog?

But of course ‘dees ees amereeca’ - the solution for everything comes in a pill, drink, smoke or injection.

Yes indeed, I hear you.

Really a good thing is to just get up and walk around, look at nature a little bit and come back refreshed :slight_smile:

lol this guy.

• in all seriousness. It’s all based on experience. Sometimes, it’s best to practice every day, but even that can’t hold back a peer evaluation, troubleshooting, disgusted clients, dogs, trees crashing on your house, etc. The best thing to do is understand exactly what the strengths and weaknesses are in the work style you choose to adopt. Understanding the work style is important and can be an attributing factor to hand off either well designed project or a toss off.

What’s funny is that practice can be accounted for in skill.

• Savina says it best. still. :slight_smile:

Fantastic post, I think beyond the idea of simplicity, I’ve always enjoyed the perspective of reductionism… you take something and recycle it and condense it until you’re left with the minimum amount of information required to get what you want across… it’s something that works not only in the design, but also in the experience, the content and the way you present yourself. Nothing worse than waffle and fluff… it wastes so much time and effort and energy. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your great information.I get faster in coding through practice.

[FONT=“Georgia”]I’m at this stage myself, where I realise there’s more money to be made by waxing off sites faster so I can do more projects per month.

What I’m working on these days is standardising my projects. Manipulating the project to take advantage of the code banks I’ve written over the years, and also (as I said in that other thread) learning how to take advantage of Wordpress as a CMS; and so avoid building custom-made content managers unless really necessary.

I’ve also found that programming isn’t something that can be “juggled”.

Taking a day or two break from a project to work on something else causes this long lag when you finally return, where you spend several hours sometimes trying to remember where you were, and the names of files and variables.

I don’t have any better advice to give so far than that; Standardising.

What you asked is a riddle I’m now learning to solve myself.

[/FONT]

Only experiences can help in this situation, nothing else. AN experienced programmer can easily type error-free codes, find out helps quickly and finally can make the project.