How the heck do I install this script !?!?

Continues with ‘failed to load resource 2032’ !!

If you’ve uploaded all the files supplied with Fancyplayer then there should be a file named “empty.srt” in the videos folder.

If it’s not there, upload it.

It works but the close button doesn’t show up, I assume to change the style of how the player looks I have to edit the fancyplayer.css ?!?! I want to ask a question about innerfade, as I assume the rest of the fancy player is depending on style sheets, but if I do have lingering fancyplayer questions I’ll ask :slight_smile: I tried to create a horizontal list from the fancyplayer UL but without success, the same player will be used in other parts of the page except for it has to be styled.

Once again, it’s paths.

If you check the original Flowplayer files you downloaded you’ll see that there’s a folder named “css”. In this are CSS files for Fancybox and the demo.

There is also an “images” folder with images used by both the demo and Fancybox. These should all be on your server, retained within the “images” folder.

Open the jquery.fancybox.css file and you’ll see that where a background image is used, the URL for the images begins “…/images” which means that the stylesheet looks for the images folder one level up from where the CSS file is. As you have put jquery.fancybox.css in the same folder as your HTML it will look for the “images” folder one level up from there. i.e. the wrong place.

So your options are to either create a css folder alongside the HTML file and put jquery.fancybox.css in it, or leave it where it is and remove the "…/: from all the background image URLs.

As for the horizontal alignment of your list, open the css file supplied with Flowplayer named “style.css”. The CSS rule you need has the selector “#videos li”. Put that in the embedded stylesheet in your HTML file.

Also, consider adopting an organised directory structure for your site: folders for css, js and images rather than keeping most everything in one place.

So your options are to either create a css folder alongside the HTML file and put jquery.fancybox.css in it, or leave it where it is and remove the "…/: from all the background image URLs.

I followed the route of creating a directory called CSS and placing all related fancybox CSS files within this directory, unfortunately the player is not loading up any longer. As for images I do have all the fancy player images in a directory called ‘images’ unless there is a folder misconception issue and as you mentioned it’s unable to find !?!?

You know the CSS files have been moved, but does the HTML file?

Update/Change…

Yes. So something needs to be changed in the HTML file so that it can find jquery.fancybox.css where it is now. I’m not going to spell it out, but it involves a path.

The player is now working. Although I can’t get it to horizontally align, I’m also going to update this thread as it’s not script specific on another script once I do some more research as to why I can’t get it to work as I want it. I realized the path problem in the HTML before it was too late and nature called, and I was too late to update the thread!!! :slight_smile: An embedded style sheet will override an external, I don’t think so !!!

A solution was provided in the penultimate paragraph of post 45

I added video li to my embedded style sheet.

As this is purely CSS, this is my very last post in this topic.

Above the rule for #videos li in your embedded stylesheet is an incomplete rule:

#ThreeDMot .videoplayer

As it’s just a selector with no declaration block, it prevents the next rule from parsing. There is no element with the class “videoplayer” in your document so remove it.

Edit: more accurately, the stylesheet regards the two selectors as one i.e. “#ThreeDMot .videoplayer #videos li”. I’ll not need to point out why this does not work.

As this is purely CSS, this is my very last post in this topic.

I will update the thread with another script. As you have mentioned this problem has moved away from scripting to CSS. Thank you for helping me with this script, much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I have a question about the InnerFade script, I would like to to fade in row by row then stop displaying the text, I can’t seem to make that happen with the options presented in the player.

On the FancyPlayer page, there is supposedly a PNG image which I can edit or replace the FancyPlayer logo, but I’m unable to find that PNG image !?!? Is it part of the commercial version of FlowPlayer ?

Is that the logo you see on their demo page?

It’s within the player, before the movie loads which I can’t find the PNG image.

Yes, you need the commercial version to remove the Flowplayer branding that appears during loading.

I see nothing in the Fancyplayer tutorial about replacing the Flowplayer branding.

For anyone joining the topic, there are two similar demos and tutorials for Fancyplayer, which can cause confusion. The original post linked to the older version. The links to the most recent version (which the OP is using) are:

There is a download link to an editable PNG containing the elements used in the example (video link images with Flowplayer logo and the video_bg.png image) on the demo page. You could modify this and add your website logo for example.

This is what I was referring too.

So you have been able to find that image?