How to Accessibly Rotate Contents with jQuery

Must’ve been what I was hitting.

Ah well I’ll hold off building anything that breaks my favourite browser until
a) the new blinky Opera supports keyboard like that
b) can be installed on 32-bit Linux (this is where it’s not dead, 12.06 is latest for 32-bit still)

The firefox fullscreen thing sounds scary, because then who else (tvs and kiosks and weird things) will do similar?

Actually, re-reading this, I once tried to implement something similar, meaning first I had to get a list of “focusables” and when I coded it it was slow and hoggy (for a dropdown menu for companies who want all 3000 product sub-categories on one page, I guess in the belief that it’s good for the googles or that people still hold to the max-3-click-rule or something…).

So instead for each keypress I’d check direction (is e.shiftkey?) and see if there was simply a “next” or “prev” focusable within the parent… if not, go to first/last.
It works okay, except the last of the last and getting out-- I have to be able to know who will come next after the element I’m managing focus on. So it’s not an agnostic script I can throw into anything, which I’d rather have. Would be nice if there was a command in Javascript to tell the browser “take over from here like you normally would” regarding focus.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.