How to generate traffic from facebook or twitter?

Face book is very helpful in generating traffic, I guess this is the only site with PR 9 after Google, interesting post, creating pages and groups and posting interesting stuffs can help you to get traffic through Facebook. Facebook is my favorite SMM site, all thanks to my friends

Amongst all the social networking sites Facebook is the most commonly known platform today and it is the best to Crete vast amount of traffic to your website as it has all kind of social network building applications. You should first create a fan page of your product according to your targeted audience and then try to promote it. This certainly can give you vast source of traffic.

It seems we get a lot of questions in this forum on how to get more “likes”, extend our reach in social media, etc. There is no “tool” that can make that happen for the long term. Today, I just saw this nugget on Facebook. It’s a quote by Dale Carnegie (1888=1955) who is well-known for his book “How to Make Friends and Influence People.” This quote sums it all up pretty well:

“You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.”

This is no less pertinent for today’s social media than when originally penned by Carnegie.

If you really want people to be interested in you and your business, quit worrying about what you can find to make yourself “look” more interesting and start behaving like you are genuinely interested in them. That’s the viral way to attract more followers – through comments, sharing, retweeting, and “liking” what your present followers have to say, regardless of whether or not it applies to your business. When you like people they will like you back and start talking about what they like about you to their circle of interest.

Spot on Shyflower. Go out there and start doing things that your potential visitors, community members, customers or clients will appreciate. These include publishing content that they find interesting or useful on your website, helping them out when they need it and constantly interact with them (yes, small actions such as a simple “like” to something that requires more efforts such as a physical letter or a phone call will help) irregardless of whether a particular action is related to your business or not.

you have to be really very profession and your writing should be unique and attractive , if you write good posts on facebook and twitter profile, then people can read your posts and there will be more chance to click your links, but the most important is how attractive your post, so please write good and interesting post and about your website products and services, then people can read your post and they will surely click your link to read more. this will help you to increase your website traffic.

1. Get followers (this is done most effectively by sharing high quality stuff regularly).
  2. Promote your site to them.
  3. You get traffic.

That’s it. Quite simple in theory, isn’t it?

I find that the best method to promote your site on Facebook is to take the unconventional approach:
Promote your Facebook page on your site! Add “like” and the direct link to your Facebook page on your site and you will get followers over time. Once you have followers, your social media exposure will flourish. The trick is to get a few followers and the rest will follow.

I am using both Facebook and twitter to get the traffic for my site .I have analyzed that Facebook gives quick results than twitter.You can join face book groups according to your niche.You can also create a face book page and you can promote it and get traffic.
So i suggest you that first off all you have to make followers than you can get better results from social media sites.

I use plugins that autopublish my blog posts to my FB fanpage’s wall and my Twitter feed. This is a good first step but you need to make sure you have a large FB fan / Twitter follower base. You can boost your numbers of TARGET readers by finding blogs in your niche that use Facebook for comments. Post using your fan page identity. For twitter, use the hashtag feature when tweeting about your tweets.

this is getting pretty repetitive and considering that the OP has not returned to her thread, THREAD CLOSED.