How to write better?

For the moment, I’d suggest having an English fluent friend help you write articles. As was suggested above, get a few books from quality writers. That way, while you’re learning, you can have someone helping you with articles until you get to the point you don’t need help.

<snip />[URL=“http://www.whatsyourobsession.com”]

I have met the same problem now, I have nothing to write out. And I have read many suggestions, tips for good writing, one conclution,proctice is the most important, and the sencon is rich knowledge.

In my opinion the suggestions of writing more may not be the best idea at this point. If you don’t understand the language well enough you’ll just keep writing poorly. You may actually end up creating bad habbits that will be even harder to break or change.

Considering English is not your natural language you should be concentrating on the language first. As many have mentioned, reading will be very helpful. You can get a natural feel for the language, grammar and impove your vocab by reading. You will really need to focus on sentence structure as it does not come naturally. Along with reading you should study books on grammar and then supplement with guides to article writing. Then, of course apply what you are learning by practicing your writing.

The best way is to go back to the basics. Information would be useless if you cannot package it in an understandable manner. It’s best to cover the fundamentals of the English language first. I agree that reading Pulitzer books would help. Also, it’s best to read books that tackle the rules of the English language. That way, you would be more wary of the structure and how a good interplay of words can bring out the best in your article.

You might also want to take the extra mile by enrolling to English refresher and advance courses. That is available in the academe or conveniently placed on some sites in the internet.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

One great tip I was told in a university writing class was to focus on organization. I think this is key if you are writing SEO type articles. Some ideas for you here:

Make sure that your article is well organized by

• Use bullets, bolding and italics when it will help.
  • Re-read your article backwards sentence by sentence (not word by word). Each sentence should connect somehow to the one before it.

Reading is the best way. Everyone learns differently, but I think it’s pretty widespread that most people learn easier by seeing actual examples, what better way to learn to write than seeing professional authors write and the styles of writing they use.

c ankint7 i would like to tell u vocabulary cannot be the reason because when any article read by any one the moto is that he/she should understand and should get the point perfectly. No matter where u belongs to. Be enthusiastic while writing any article.

Hats off to you - not many writers with English as their mother tongue would dare to write content in another language. Even holding a degree in another language does not provide you with the skills to write idiomatic copy.

I’m impressed that you are trying. I like ewomack’s idea of hanging out with native English speakers.
Good luck to you with your writing.
Michele

Hi, one of the best advices I can give is for you to read more English material. One way to generate interest is to read those stuff that really interest you.

I really love reading ever since I was a kid and I still do. It opens up a world of possibilities for me. I know you will love reading too.

I hope Ive helped :slight_smile:

I think nine months is enough time to dole out advice, and since the answers are repeating themselves, I think this thread has run it’s course.

THREAD CLOSED