Is Twitter more effective than Digg?

I’m confused about digg, because in WordPress there is a plugin that makes my blog “Digg Proof”.

That leads me to believe that Digg is a bad thing, and should be avoided; Can anyone clarity this for me. Thanks

I must say twitter is more effective for me,for digg didn’t take me any visitors

Personaly I find Twitter to be much more effective than Digg but I know some people who find it otherwise!

It depends on your network strength. But I can say that twitter has more capacity to pull a big audience within short time because of the trend most people spend on twitter compare to Digg. Also Digg news are otherwise very much popular in terms of reliability and traffic. Mix your networks and get more!

Yeah, they’re both effective, but i think the advantage for Twitter is that is more popular and more used than Digg. It’s a matter of promotion.

Digg’s anti-spam measure/system was enough. Digg should not think that all those who came to their site is seo-fanatic. We are not. Digg should remember that its growth is largely attributed to ordinary webmasters like us who had used its bookmarking service. What did Digg do in return to our help? Nothing. Instead, Digg wallowed in arrogance and selfishness. I never typed digg’s url after that.

Hi,

As I experience it, Digg is advantageous if you start a new website. It helps to Google to index your site in a little while. Use it if you want Google and other search engines to notice you.

What concerns Twitter, it brings more traffic to an already indexed webpage.

… Digg got tired of being SPAMmed by SEO-kiddies making link drops.

Unfortunately… that may be right.

… Digg should remember that its growth is largely attributed to ordinary webmasters like us who had used its bookmarking service…

This may be also true.

IMHO, both have their own specific advantages. You may be fine with using both of them in their own place.

Best,

Sandor

I think Digg is the 1st port of call to get a new site picked up by google but ongoing i tend to find twitter is much better and also another thing is i think Digg made a drastic mistake changing the layout,my way of thinking is if it aint broke dont fix it.But i could be wrong this is only my opinion

Twitter has an advantange of being more popular than Digg. Moreover, Twitter attracts more traffic as so many people uses it compared to Digg.

Twitter is the top dog, so obviously it’s more effective then digg at generating traffic.

I think the question (for this forum or a new string) is really is Twitter more effective than Facebook or Reddit (I’m starting to get more traffic from Reddit, when I submit links into specific sub-groups) than either of the other two. I submit to Digg regularly and have received one or two visitors total, they are dropping off the radar.

Wendy

Both of them will not work for you unless you have maintained a specific amount of followers who are interested in what you post. Most of the people add and follow unknown people who are just spammers…and a spammer will never ever click on a link of yours so you need to be very specific about that. Try to dd people you know and make new friends.
By the way i prefer Digg over twitter.