Job Title on Business Card

Well if your clientele is cool with it, what’s the fuss? You’ll do your next batch of business cards better next time.

Ultimately what the person you give a business cards, want to retain is your contacts not your title

True, just be careful not to sign anything using the title ‘director’ - it gives the wrong idea.

If your business card states what your company does (“Web development services”), then there really isn’t any need to add your own title. Unless, of course, your organization consists of many people, and your position is unique within the group.

My company is actually a marine charter business. We drive boats and fish, whale watch, etc. Last year I discovered that I was bored in our “off-season” so I began a computer consulting business. Since all charter operators in my area take the winter off and are too busy to think in the summers, the schedule fit perfectly. I can build websites, integrate communications systems, etc. for other folks to stay busy in the slow season.

My charter business cards read with the company name, logo, what we do, and then my name and title, which reads “Captain”. Very appropriate for the summer business since I drive boats all day every day. I printed the computer portion on the back of the boat cards…most clients (fishing or webDev) are very interested to know that I do both at different times of the year.

Both business licenses are owned by the same LLC so technically I could use “Sole Member”, “President”, “Owner” or “Proprietor” but that doesn’t tell much about what I do. I decided to keep “Captain” on the computer side of the card as well. It implies someone who is in charge of things (The Big Boss Man as I’ve been called many times) and someone who must have a high degree of skill to pull of whatever is being done.

You said somewhere you do use that… your business has a legal form that allows you to do such a thing…i guess

After this and since my website is an online urban music magazine (sort of), i will be using Founder / Editor in Chief (Which is what i do on a daily basis). Is that ok or should i also be a print magazine or online version of a print one to use such a title?

It describes what you do… and Editor In Cheif is usually describing your role in a publication.

was just making sure cause since i do more than just the editing work i was also thinkin about managing director or somethin of that sort… Lucky i am to find this thread

ok this is a gr8 threader heheh
ok if you are a web programmer and software developer what should you print on ur card

i was wondering about
Web\Software Developer

what do u think guys^_^

If your card isn’t already clear on what services you provide I think that’s a good title/description.

no im going to do my design these days
so thats why i was aking about this
is it a good thing to print it on my card
so if you have any other name it will be so nice to add it :slight_smile: instead of mine

Mine states my name (WHO) and the term ‘Creative Design’, followed by what I do, ‘Web - Graphics - Photo - Identity’ (WHAT), and my contact details.

Works fine for me. Sometimes I add my website name which is also the name I build websites under but I like to keep it simple and bold. They’re only small cards and they need to be eye catching.

I think it should read:

Your Name
The Guy Who Hand You This Card

:slight_smile: