Jquery selector problem

That comes from you file attached to post #29, where the button is:

<input type='button' name='reorder' value='reorder indexes' id="reorder"/>

Form submissions automatically replace spaces with plus signs, which are correctly reinterpreted when received at the other end.

Using sortable, that reorders the placement of those elements within the DOM. When the form is submitted, the form elements are submitted in order according to their placement within the DOM. No serialized array needs to be created at all, because all of the information that’s needed is already available from the fundamentals of how forms work.

Ok that’s cool. Thanks for the straightforward explanation. That should all work great.

I have to mention again that the original method I used to do this does definitely display a sorting anomaly. This doesn’t concern me any more as I will be doing it your way, from what your saying, using sortable I need just one array and not two.

However, sortable serialize did not always submit the correct orders in the index array, I checked the php thoroughly and so did some more more experienced developers. This I know because, the script always executed what was in the url variable correctly. It was what serialize() was sending there that was the problem.

Is it uncommon for JQuery to have bugs? Is it impossible that I may have inadvertently stumbled upon one?

The original UI widget is lifted from a droppable photo manager. I know that draggable and sortable are supposed to share the same attributes and methods but I was thinking that maybe droppable and sortable have a conflict with (‘serialize’).?

Have you ever come across any JQuery bugs yourself?

Bugs are uncommon. More commonly, it’s a problem with not understanding how things are supposed to work. Still, I’d be interested in taking a look at a page where it’s possible to reproduce the sorting problems that you were having.