Opening link in parent window from pop up

In my experience there isn’t any processor difference. If you already have an extrenal .js file that you keep scripts in then using that can be considerably faster, since it shortens the length of your each HTTP page transfer and can be cached, BUT…

If you are using ASP to dynamically generate peices of the JS script, then it becomes more complicated to put that kind of code in a JS file. Also, the advantages, more or less disappear at the point where you are no longer able to cache the file.

Therefore, inline code is probably better, but there is no clear advantage to putting all your code directly into the tag. In fact, that makes it very difficult to debug since most script editors work on line numbers anyway. So, my recommendation is to use script blocks and functions.

That’s about it for me.

By the way, I wasn’t sure this would work last time, but now I am totally sure, since I tested it. In fact, I now have it set up not only to submit the form to the opener page, but then to delay for a bit and refresh the form pop-up after the parent page completes a reload. It turned out to be very useful.

Thanks for the advice, Doc :slight_smile: I am using the function now, because I just like using it more than the inline version.

Besides, I might someday get organized and place all my scripts in one file. :rolleyes: :lol:

np. any time.