Photo Challenge (2012) - January

Thank you.

I’m still counting guido’s bikes - after having to start again when you interrupted me earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

two thousand and nine

two thousand and ten

two thousand and eleven

aaahhhhhhh…two thousand and twelve…:bouncy2: :weee: :Partydude: :drink:

So @guido2004 , no-one’s taken your bike. It must be in there somewhere. What colour is it?

Edit:

Newsflash: hell must have frozen over because I’ve just used one of these new tagging/mentioning/whatever thingies for the first time ever!!!

Red :slight_smile:
I guess the thief brought it back tonight… :wink:

You’re lucky they must have got a guilty concience :wink:

It’s the 3rd bike from the back on the left hand side. Have a safe trip home :slight_smile:

I’m all :crazy: and (: after counting guido’s bikes (TWICE :slight_smile: ) so there might not be exactly 2012 bottles there :blush:

Who is the “Ghostly” figure in the doorway? Is that you @Max Height; and you are embarrassed for us to see what you looked like in the '70s?!!

No it’s not me. But the question and my answer is moot because I can’t prove it’s not me anymore than anyone can prove it is me :). Suffice to say that there used to be local laws, and I’m not sure if they still exist but probably do, preventing people from publishing other peoples’ personal details (photos of them etc) without their permission so I blurred out the person in the photo.

[ot]

[SIZE=1]Or maybe Kinglake. :slight_smile:

And it’s actually 13, 569 bottles, too. :stuck_out_tongue: [/SIZE][/ot]

I did a quick google of “house of bottles” and there are lots of them around.

A photo of the Kinglake house as it was in Nov. 2005 (not my photo)

I don’t know if the Kinglake house is the same one or not. If it is, then it’s had a new roof put on it and some other slight renovations over the decades since the photo I posted was taken. Looks like it might have had some bottles added to it as well :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s a similar house based on the original design and built by the same people in a different location. I’m not sure.

Like I said:

Two images combined into one. First image is of the fireworks in the sky and the other one is a misfire/ground explosion with several police motorcycles passing through the frame. I hope this BB img code works…

That is an amazing photograph, @bobThePhotog; Where, in the US*, is that?

Are you proposing there are 2012 points of light in that photo; to keep with the theme of this thread? <g>

*The flag made it obvious that it was in the USA

Hello ParkinT,

I’m glad you like the image. I took it (them) in Long Branch, NJ a few years ago. I was in the parking garage of the hotel Ocean Place and was told to leave shortly after I got the shots. I had asked for permission to shoot from there earlier in the week but they didn’t get back to me. Since I had to guess about the answer I guessed that it would be allowed : )

As I read your requirements for the thread I thought that it made sense to use a pair of images. It’s not the literal interpretation but I thought it would be OK. Like you said, 2012 points of light makes sense too. The passing motorcycles are also pairs even though they aren’t obviously motorcycles. Air burst and ground explosion also make a pair, I guess.

I have other images that I could add to the thread if you think people would like to see. I wouldn’t want to take it upon myself to add too many.

Thanks for the comment,
Bob Lewis

Bob, if you have more to share that would be in keeping with the theme. Please do! :slight_smile:

To clarify, you actually have two photos there that you have turned into one? If so, that is definitely in keeping with the thread as well as all the other aspects you mentioned. Please do add some more. Very nice photo!

Here’s an old photo from my library. But it satisfies the concept of TWO very nicely.

Yes ShyFlower, that image was created from two separate photos. Photo #1 was the sky burst and #2 was the stuff on the ground. They were pretty easy to combine because they both had black backgrounds.

Is this thread dead now that Jan has passed?

Bob

Feel free to post more photos, don’t let something as trivial as the passing of time stop you :wink:

No Bob, the thread isn’t dead until it’s closed! Post more if you have them, please. They are wonderful! :slight_smile:

Two versions of two flowers

Two bottles of wine. This is my picture. I am PhcDesigns as well as Bob Lewis Photo