Posting issues

I’m having a different issue. (The </> button works just fine, for me.)

Every time I create a new post, or reply to someone else’s post, when I click the “Reply” button, nothing happens. After about 15 seconds, I hit the browser refresh button, and then I get a modal message, and then my post appears.

The timing is in line with the update, I believe.

V/r,

:slight_smile:

Yep, that is the dreaded 502 error. We’ve fixed a few areas where it was happening, but we still have more.

Can you think of any factor that was different between the two? Was one
typed in and the other copied and pasted? Or were they copied from
different sources?

As far as I can remember they were the same, from same file, I copy/pasted the first snip, then selected, and used </>, nothing happened, so I kept writing, then pasted the second snip, selected it, and used </>, this time no problem.

I don’t remember deleting lines, but as Ryan I too try to edit my posts, though this time I did as described above.

I will try recreating the same thread in this forum, watch for new thread.

1 Like

Here goes nothing then - I’ll start with Firefox 37.0.1 on Win8.1

<nav>
                    <ul>
                        <li><a href="index.html" title="Joe's Pizza Co." class="active">Home</a></li>
                        <li><a href="about.html" title="Find out more about Joe's Pizza Co.">About</a></li>
                        <li><a href="news.html" title="Latest news about Joe's Pizza Co.">News</a></li>
                        <li><a href="menu.html" title="The restaurant menu for Joe's Pizza Co.">Menu</a></li>
                        <li><a href="locations.html" title="Joe's Pizza Co. restaurant locations">Locations</a></li>
                        <li><a href="bookings.html" title="Make a booking">Bookings</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </nav>

OK, that seems to have worked.

And from Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m

<nav>
			<ul>
				<li><a href="about.html" title="Find out more about Joe's Pizza Co.">About</a></li>
				<li><a href="menu.html" title="The restaurant menu for Joe's Pizza Co.">Menu</a></li>
				<li><a href="locations.html" title="Joe's Pizza Co. restaurant locations">Locations</a></li>
			</ul>
		</nav>

And so has that…

IE11

<nav>
			<ul>
			</ul>
		</nav>

Working here too I think

Opera 26.0

<nav>
			<ul>
			</ul>
		</nav>

Again, looks to be working

Rekonq on Ubuntu KDE

<nav>
	<ul>
	</ul>
</nav>

Interesting that the best layout came from the Linux box. So far then, everything has worked. One thing I did notice was that some of the browsers seemed to syntax highlight in the preview without clicking the </> link, where others would show the above as if the browser had parsed the HTML normally - I think that was IE, Opera and Rekonq that did that.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.