Sitepoint Nostalgia

Thanks for stopping by @Mike; :slight_smile:

Each time I revisit SitePoint, I get nostalgic feelings to the older layouts of the site/forums.
I don’t come here that often anymore. As I’m not that much anymore into webdesign.

And since I don’t like Web 2.0 or 3.0 designs, I still get nostalgic to these things:
http://www.lostateminor.com/2011/12/15/modern-websites-recreated-using-90s-technology/

This was a lot of fun - not so much without the pictures anymore.
If they mated - Sitepoint Edition

Forgot the username, but there was a kid who took a bunch of pics with chocolate chip cookies… cyooks or something like that. That was around when I joined.

Also I remember one of the staff gave away his SP books and was kind enough to mail it to me from Alaska I think.

Side note:
Hey look. No signature. I’m ready.

1 Like

Now I remember it! This was a fun thread :slight_smile:

Can’t believe it! You’re even more ready than I am… I still have my signature :lol:

OMG!! My pic is still on after all this time: Put a face with your name thread! right at the last page. :shock:

I can remember joining SPF back in 2004 for a question on PHP. How time flies when your enjoying yourself. :slight_smile:

A very good thread.

yes, those were amazing days

How do you know? :wink: :smiley:

Conrad! It’s been too long. Good to see you. What’s going on in your world these days?

Yeah, I remember someone gave away their books. I felt too guilty asking him to post anything to NZ.

I learned a lot from Sitepoint back in the day. Joined when it was still sitepointforums.com, back when it was better to have a bunch of different domains for backlinks. I remember great discussions from a lot of smart people (Aspen comes to mind), and a few others. Funny when a lot of what people were saying back then started to become the norm a few years later.

At some point, I stopped visiting as much, partly because of the lack of usability of forum software in general and partly because of the influx of… useless content. I run a vBulletin forum, too, and feel SP’s pain. I have come across Discourse a few times when researching some improvement to vBulletin, and it seems quite promising.

I’m really looking forward to the upgrade and plan to visit more, both to learn from others and get a feel for how Discourse works. I hope the Marketplace forums come back, or at least some sort of business-related forum would be nice.

It has been too long! Life happened. Got married, had kids, job responsibilities etc… I’ll be around. Peek in now an then. Give back from what I’ve learned here.

The new forums will have a Jobs category. Meant for “Looking to hire” posts from trusted members.