Spammers: I HATE YOU

I’ll save your shaving tips for when my own head starts looking like a light bulb :wink:

BTW, that’s a very cool demon picture right there.

On the first: keep collecting advices, and hope it’ll happen sooner than you think! Stupid hair tends to dislike smart heads!!! But smart hair tends to stick with stupid heads!!! :lol:

On the second: yeah, unless: http://www.tvclip.biz/video/fdRm1UG0vTA/america-funniest-home-videos-horror-edition.html or http://www.tvclip.biz/video/fwqb_E1rB5Q/americas-funniest-home-videos-scare-video.html.

Great post! I hate them as well, I just block them everywhere I go.
It’s more annoying when they flood your twitter

I also very hate spammer.

Word of advice: GoDaddy doesn’t like people using domains registered with them to spam.

Namecheap Registrar: They don’t care. I reported several spam and they are just ignorant about it.

If you get any spam, just forward them to spam@thee-mailprovider or abuse@ with the full header.

The search engines have employed some clever folks and they are winning the war with the spammers

How organised crime is taking control of Google’s search results

I don’t know the author personally but it says he’s an SEO in his bio, add to that the fact that it’s posted on a site about SEO, and it’s very hypocritical, isn’t it?

“My SEO is good, and you are a criminal”. What? You do your share of link spamming as well, so if you want to solve the problem, why not start with yourself?

Bah.

Yes, spam exists, it always has and always will. Still, Google does a good enough job, otherwise spam would be everything you can find.

P.S. My results for those keywords are very different and the top ones are not spam :-/

From Australia, I get very similar results to the ones shown in the article.

I wonder how much of that is got to do with the Google algorithm change.

It is interesting to see that google is publicly saying that content farms and NON-Unique content will be pushed aside.

Doesn’t matter what Google publicly claims, I still get BS using them for search.
When Not to Google: Searches You’re Better Off Making Elsewhere

Funny how everyone and their brother notice the garbage results from Google, yet certain people keep insisting there’s nothing wrong.

stupid lifehacker, that page is b0rken :mad:

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. A dirty great sidebar half covering the content. :rolleyes:

Yes, lifehacker decided to be retarded in two ways:

1. you need JS on to read the content

2. you need JS on to read the content. (yeah whoops I copied the URL while not having it on so it’s the “wrong” url)

The URL is different based on whether you have JS on or not… so I just turn CSS off instead of allowing 500 scripts-for-nothing.

After all, using scripting as a crutch for front-enders who don’t know how to build pages is not the future anymore… it’s THE APPROVED METHOD OF TODAY.

In other news, the HTML5 people have brought <u> back after a long meeting involving ceremonial daggers, funeral pyres, virgin sacrifices, hair of dog, eye of newt and a blue moon. He’s drooling a little and has a strange quest for brains, but there you have it. Yesterday is today is tomorrow.

[ot]

Yes, that’s one of the main WOW factor selling features of HTML5 didn’t you know? };-)[/ot]

[ot]

Yes, that’s one of the main WOW factor selling features of HTML5 didn’t you know? }:wink:

HTML5 IS JS. Just look at what everyone’s calling “neat HTML5 features”… they threw in a <canvas> tag and add in several bazillion kilobytes of scripts. Wow, that HTML5 sure is amazing.[/ot]

Stomme poes, I feel your pain every single day. I moderate each registration now. This is the only thing that works, IMHO.