Stumble Upon is a Good social media?

Stumble upon is an incredible tool for traffic. I’ve gotten around 5,000 hits from the site, which is a good amount for any site. However one of people’s biggest complaints, is that stumbleupon visitors don’t stay long, and that they have a very high bounce rate. I want to dismiss this myth, I have found the opposite. My stumbleupon visitors stay for an average of 1:30 minutes, to 2 minutes, which is quite good for 5,000 visits. Also the bounce rate, has been at an incredible low of 29%, that’s is unbelievable. So there, myth dismissed.

not bad, not good

StumbleUpon is something good for creative things mostly filled up with pictures and articles and some cool scripts I have found a lot of things over there but it’s not good for getting traffic unless you know that how one can get it.

I use Stumbleupon as well. great tool for me

it really works man bcoz my website having 40-50 visitors dailt after registering and submitting someof my articals on stumble my daily visitors increases from 40 to 240 huge increment and noweven its increaseing day by day.

I get more traffic from stumble than all other social bookmarking sites combined. I use digg, propeller, webmark, reddit, blink, mixx, and a few more, but none of them send as much traffic as stumble.

Stumbleupon is my favourite site coz with a few vote from visitors, at least in 5 votes, your favourite page can appear at the frontpage stumbleupon site. Not like digg.com,at least 200 digg to get your page on top list in digg.com

I think StumbleUpon is good on traffic for websites, but not in social networking.

I love Stumbling rather than concentrating on bookmarks. It brings lot of traffic to my site. If you use it properly it will really help your websites growth.

I agree. Stumbleupon is really good for traffic. Once I post a bookmark to my site on stumbleupon, I will get about 100 visits to my site in a day.

It seems work for me just now Longman. Try care2.com too

Stumbleupon is great. But the traffic remain only for few seconds just 0.5 - 1 min. But you get a sudden traffic of 500+ unique visits at once.

Sometimes these kind of posts just make me want to cry, seriously. StumbleUpon’s functionality as a social network is down to opinion (I personally have found some great gems using it) however to claim it’s some sort of traffic generator in opposition to a service you should be using legitimately is the kind of attitude which has polluted many other corners of the web. Social networks are about community involvement and getting an audience on the side, not for targeting them for spam like a nuclear warhead aimed at an ant. It’s no wonder the web is in such a mess, this is the kind of stuff e-mail suffered before it turned into a spam-pool. :frowning:

this is good traffic site as campare to twitter

I prefer Digg or Delicious . The visitors from stumble upon don’t spend more than 20 secs on my sites . But its a nice service to discover sites if you are bored .

Its easy to get traffic on SU but they don’t really convert well. And also if you submit each and every of your content then probably you will get banned for doing so.

It is good but need allot of time to get votes and then top page position