The showcase and missing posts/ activity

I’m pretty sure I’ve never been accused of that before.

I am not accusing you, but rather Discourse. “We don’t have our navigation smartly done really, but no worries, you can use keyboard shortcuts to get around our lack of design competency.” :stuck_out_tongue:

Scott

I think that’s being a bit unfair to Discourse, too.

(a) The suggestion to use the shortcut was all my own
and (b) while there were a few keyboard shortcuts when we first started testing Discourse, the current fairly-comprehensive range is largely due to @cpradio and @system putting in a lot of effort because of concerns over accessibility. (Contrary to the “developer” mentality, keyboarders are not necessarily “power users” but may be ordinary mortals who have difficulty with a mouse. )

Also, just as an FYI. They do plan to revamp a bit of the navigation in an upcoming release (1.4 maybe?), so there will be changes around that area in the future.

What about Sitepoint making this website finallly responsive (yes I know Discourse core is responsive but this isn’t)? I’ve mentioned this a few times now.

Use a Mobile User Agent? :smile:

Spent a few minutes MS Painting my response.

Here if you need help making it responsive. The last thread I mentioned this, I already gave code for how to make it responsive (at least, a step up). Might be different now depending on if the structure has changed any. All that would have been needed is to throw that code in (and test.)

Unfortunately, that is outside of what I can do :slight_smile: All I can do is continue to play this game back and forth :frowning:

Everytime a visitor has scrollbars, you make a kitten sad.

Stop the animal abuse, Sitepoint. Make your website responsive.

2 Likes

Aw heck. That kitten even makes me want to rush out and fix the scroll bars - and I’m allergic to cats.

1 Like

I’m immune to that tactic. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@s_molinari, better late than never but I finally got around to creating the PR for this.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/4477

Not sure when it will be merged and then eventually applied here but at least it is in the works.

2 Likes

And it is merged into core now.

4 Likes