Update on my cubiks rube obsession :D

A 9 x 9 x 9 cube with a sudoku grid on each face would be a good challenge for you ryan

Yep - that’s the one I used to learn. By far the clearest explanation for us ignoramuses (ignorami?)

I thought the same for the 7x7x7 (once I completed the 5x5x5)

Now that I know this one switching method the 9x9x9 would only take me longer. It wouldn’t be harder.

Besides, a 9x9x9 isn’t even out (and I don’t wanna mess with virtual software :p)

And I love how he puts the algorithms on the screen for us. Makes it much easier :slight_smile:

Off Topic:

Ignorami I believe ;).

Is it a club ? It was a movie with an infinite cube and rooms…

Update update-
I ordered the Haiyan Memory Cube (best 3x3x3 in teh world, was used in guiness world record and championships)

And I have this algorithm memorized (those of you who know what this is will be impressede :wink:
2U*, 2L*, 2U, 2l, 2U, 2L*, 2U*, R, U, L, 2U, R, U, R, L, U, L, 2U, R, U, L, U

That algorithm is for a 4x4x4 parity case…22 turns long…ridiculous :open_mouth:

Huh, I use the exact same algorithm when playing Minesweeper. WEIRD.

So, what about the time, Ryan - how close are you to breaking the 1min mark?

2U*, 2L*, 2U, 2l, 2U, 2L*, 2U*, R, U, L, 2U, R, U, R, L, U, L, 2U, R, U, L, U
I’ll try it ! Thanks :slight_smile:

Looks easy but its actually hard

Well I just got my new Haiyan cube .
I haven’t done a 3x3x3 for a month since I gave it to my friend since I was getting this one. I now have it and my average (a month ago) was 1 minute 15 seconds. Now that I started back up, it’s around 1 minute 28 seconds.

I plan on getting down to 1 minute 10 seconds, then I will start learning the fridrich method, which could potentially get my time down to 15 seconds per solve :).

There are 119 algorithms to memorize (I have great memory though :))

[edit]Just got 1:20 and 1:17.

You know I’ve always thought that I had a good memory. I can learn great tracts of text without too much difficulty but learning 119 algos of characters so similar to each other is incredible. How the heck do you do it?

Each step in solving the 3x3x3 in a fridrich method consist of a few moves, aka R, U`, R, U. THough each algorithm will have that slightly modified.
Aka

F, [B]R, U, R, U,[/B] F.

It will always have those 4 in it (well, those in hte step). It’s hard to explain so here you go :slight_smile:
http://badmephisto.com/oll.php

It’s like that.

I don’t know how my memory is so good…I can look at almost anything and if I’m given a few seconds I can have it memorized. It’s rare I forget something (my parents say I have selective memory though ;))

Ever try one of these?

I can get it to one off on each of 3 of the 4 sides (one side perfect, woot!), but that’s as far as I’ve ever gotten with it. You think the same algo might work?

That has 3 layers sorta like a 3x3x3 so that algorithm I gave will only work for a 4x4x4(x6x6x6 too)

I’ve never messed with those but it’s the same concept. I’d need a picture of what you currently have on it to tell what you’d need to do :slight_smile:

01:04.93 :). New time.

Unexpected twist at the end :smiley:
PS-It’s me solving the cube :slight_smile:

Trying one of those right now at the moment :). Gotta say I love it.

Though I don’t think there is a fine line where I can compare and say one is better then the other ;).

It’s a Rubik thread, dude, don’t miss the point !

00:52.36 :). Just creamed my old record.

Ryan,

Ever try one of these?

Trust me, much more fun than a Rubik’s cube :wink:

wow, you’re the master of Rubik ! :cool: