VPS on CentOS extremly slow webserver

YEs well, I got another VPS so i will run the same specs over their, if its slow their aswell I will deffo have to look into the opencart configuration.
Weird thing is that I created a OScommerce site on the same VPS, and that was slow aswell.(but the VPS doesnt show a high load on disk i/o or memory or something)
I Wasnt expecting the OScommerce to be slow if Opencart was slow due to its own configuration.

After I installed APF correctly, I did a reboot of the VPS and the website performance is way better. (still 1.7 sec first byte) But for now this is something I can live with.
And perhaps the php upgrade will help a bit aswell.

Thanks guys for your advice Ill stay on this forum to learn more … and more… :slight_smile:

Off Topic:

A nice trick to prevent yourself from being blocked by iptables out is to open two connections to the server. On the first one you open a screen session and do something like

sleep 60 && /sbin/service iptables restore

(example for CentOS, might be different for other distros)

Then in the other window you make the firewall changes. If for some reason those changes blocked you out, access will be restored again in 60 seconds since that other command is still running in screen (note that this won’t work without screen!) and will revert to the last known iptables config.
If you’ve made the changes and everything looks okay, go back to the other connection and press CTRL+C to kill the command (and then save the changes of course).

Good one, AFP has its own sollution kinda works the same, If you lock yourself out you have to wait 5 minutes.
maintenance mode should be on, if its not turned on you shouldnt be making changes I guess.

But restore iptables will do aswell :smiley: