What do you think makes a guy rich? His nature or his IQ?

Indeed I am! The great thing about podcasts are that I can listen while I work… and they say men can’t multi-task :smiley:

I’ve always wanted a Samurai sword (no relation to your liking of kittens!) :wink:

Fair enough. No, I’m not gonna play a game I can’t win. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very true. Furthermore, having lots of stuff limits you. Managing a big wealth is a hard and stressful work. I don’t think most people who drool over huge riches consider that. Most of them would go insane with that “luck” (how many lives have been destroyed by winning a lottery?).

And to make up for the lack of love from your father you spend time at the YMCA? If we want to play psych we could speak to a real professional not someone that once did a side course a few years ago :wink:

You should probably get new friends, the most likely people to murder you are people you know.

You don’t need luck to be rich. You only need luck to be hugely rich.

To be rich, all you need is to earn more than you need. Most of us on this BB are rich. We earn enough to have somewhere to live, a large choice of food to eat and have a computer with an internet connection that opens us to almost all the knowledge in the world.

What more do we need? :slight_smile:

Actually it’s because I’m cognitively neurotic and highly self-critical… if you wanna play psych I could go on for hours :wink:

There’s a few people I know who would make awesome serial killers then. :smiley:

[FONT=“Georgia”]What’s wrong with a lonely nature?

I have a lonely nature and a pretty girlfriend too.

I’ll admit my wallet is always in poor situation though…

[/FONT]

Luck is a funny thing - it’s unreliable. If luck has made you a success, lack of it might make you a failure. Remember, the odds are always in favor of the house :smiley:

My success formula has always been knowledge, determination, and a belief that you can learn to do anything, including how to become successful (and rich if that’s part of what you think is success). Luck has nothing to do with it. :slight_smile:

The IQ makes the money , the money can’t make an IQ…

That’s rich :smiley:

There are a number of factors that contribute to someone’s success but having an amazing IQ is not also important! Common sense, Luck, Nature and Up bringing all play a pivotal role in becoming a success

Luck is the point where opportunity meets preparation, nothing more, nothing less. Being in the right place, at the right time, with the right solution is not luck. Luck is the justification for not doing anything, who needs to put the effort in if there is luck magically in the air.

A man’s nature makes him rich.

And money has absolutely nothing to do with being rich.

Amen to that, I’ve been working on websites for 12 years and 90% of all my success has been more to-do with luck than anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

one chinese adage says" Destiny is from Temperament",if someone has good temperament,he/she will be living well,if she/he has good luck,she/he will be rich.

I know two guys,they are clever and they are in USA,but they are still always in poor situation and no wife,I think it because they are have lonely nature.

So, in other words, you don’t know how to make money without giving up your morals.

There’s no universal “smart”. You can be smart at something, but a complete idiot at something else. I know I am.

So it happens that many of those smart people you’re talking about don’t know the first thing about business and making money. It’s a skill to be learned, like programming or design.

Nobody is born knowing php, and nobody is born knowing how to make money. If you haven’t learned it, how do you expect to know it?

Person’s nature can help someone learn it easier or faster, but they do learn it some way or another. Those who can’t, simply don’t yet know how.

Yeah, I agree jgand.
“most peoples interpretation is money” and I think that is exactly what makes you rich. Money. That’s it. I think brains and personality are probably close to a 50/50 split as a means of getting there.

In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers - “Every hand’s a winner and every hand’s a loser”

Some people are very lucky, some, unfortunate! If you have IQ then, atleast you know how to play your cards well.

In my opinion IQ is important for getting rich.

Integrity is the most important–and most commonly shared–character trait of the truly successful.
Without Integrity, one’s Vision is faulty, so one’s goals are misguided, and even “success” in the venture fails to enrich life and increase peace.