What DOCTYPE! to use for my site

Ha ha, too bad. I’m glad that they don’t seem to be planning to change the doctype. Let those who are prematurely using HTML5 go back and fix their sites!

yep agree :slight_smile:

lots of people just put their hands over their ears and go la-la-la-la-laaaahhhh when you tell them the potential pitfalls of using html5 atm because they just don’t want to hear it, let alone believe it.

The sites currently using HTML5 rely heavily on JS anyway, so maybe there will be future JS updates to provide life support for those sites using early versions of the spec.

Perhaps the strangest aspect of it being that most of them are using JavaScript the way it used to be written back in the 20th Century - I guess 15 year old JavaScript combined with HTML that probably has about another 15 years to go before it becomes a standard effectively balance each other out to produce something that on average is current.

Ha ha, sounds like some kind of zombie creature—a mixture of dead ancestors with the yet unborn. Weird.

Who cares about W3C Validator, HTML5 Is awesome!!!

maybe it is but that is a matter of opinion.

But since html5 is not even finalised and won’t be for quite a few years yet, pages with html5 elements in them today will very likely break if/when html5 is ever finalised because the final version of html5 will be different to the current “in development” version of html5.

No not SOME - FULL.