What is backlinks and how to get it quality?

You can promote your website through back links
search for high pr websites and look where you can post as html
snipped unnecessary link
in the above highlighted text you can see that after you click on it it will open a website. This website will get a backlink from site point and the highlighted text is the anchor text…

The most important thing in backlinking is relevancy, always create backlink in high quality sites and sites with topics related to your site topics. never buy backlinks because they build backlink in un natural ways.

No it doesn’t, the link you created has the rel="nofollow" tag, so search engines will ignore it and therefore is of no value at all in terms of SEO.

Google also takes a dim view on keyword rich anchor text.

Google Webmaster Tools:-

Additionally, creating links that weren’t editorially placed or vouched
for by the site’s owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links,
can be considered a violation of our guidelines. Here are a few common
examples of unnatural links that may violate our guidelines:

Forum comments with optimized links in the post or signature, for example:
Thanks, that’s great info!
- Paul
paul’s pizza san diego pizza best pizza san diego

1 Like

Why are so many people obsessed by PR, and at the same time fail to understand that PR is calculated per page not per site. There is no such thing as a “high PR website”?

PR = Page Rank. Not “Site Rank”, that would be SR.
It sometimes feel like these threads are locked in some kind of loop.

while($ignorance > 0)
{
}
1 Like

Although, somewhat confusingly, it’s named after Larry Page, rather than the fact that it targets a page.

1 Like

There’s some ignorance for you :smiley:

1 Like

Buying links is probably the worst possible idea to do, the best way to produce back links is through good quality content and organically building and earning good back links.

Whose ignorance are you referring to? Surely everyone knows that it is named after Larry Page since he invented it. That’s why only Google has Page Rank as none of the other search engines are run by Larry Page.

Mine of course!

Hey, first of all join high page rank forum or community and then built trust with other members by given answer to their question and help them.
Another way is by Social media and try to post interesting post with blog post

How do you believe that will help? As most forums would treat any placed links as ‘No Follow’, they would be of no benefit to anyone where all the big search engines are concerned. Also here at Sitepoint, anyone found link dropping for the purposes of self-promotion will find those links removed and repeat offenders may find themselves getting banned. So agin, I’d ask how you think the approach you’ve describe would work?

Most social media sites treat links as no follow too. It may bring additional visitors to your site, but that in itself is unlikely to have any effect on how a search engine would rank your page

1 Like

To be honest, if your articles are good enough, informative enough and if you promote them properly, people will link to them naturally so you won’t have to preoccupy yourself that much with creating artificial links. In fact, it is best if you create your links organically.

2 Likes

But doing these thing, helps in some way to your website such as increase your viewer or traffic and same thing apply in case of Social media

Possibly, but the OP specifically asks about quality backlinks, not artificial, spammy ones that may incur penalties from Google.

1 Like

I actually get a significant number of visitors following links from SitePoint to my sites. Nothing whatever to do with search at all - just people seeing my answers on the forum and going to my sites to see what I have there that expands further on the topic.

That I understand as far as attracting visitors directly to your site is concerned. Usually these questions are heavily slanted towards SEO/Page Rank and so on though, where the use of <nofollow> tags defeats the use of link placement as a backlink.

PS. If you are getting benefit because of your responses appearing in Google or whatever, might I humbly suggest it is because you are providing good quality content?

2 Likes

I see literally every post here and I can’t recall when if ever I’ve seen a post of yours with a link to your sites.

I see you do have links in your Profile (not Google reachable) so that would mean members are

• reading your posts
  • interested in what they read
  • going to your Profile (or User Card) to see more
  • following the links to your sites

Just so others don’t get the idea that this is easy. You have been a member here for years and have made many posts.

Goes to show that being helpful can increase traffic, without needing self-promotion.

Members need a way to find the links, but they don’t need to be put under their noses. :nose: :nose:

4 Likes

There is a huge difference in people being interested enough in you to seek out your links, and spamming a forum out of desperation.

2 Likes

There are links to my sites posted in a number of threads but they are posted by other members of the forum.

I don’t get as many visitors now as I used to get before the forum change where the links were in my signature rather than my profile.

The other thing that is probably very relevant to this is that I visit the forum looking to see what sorts of things people are asking about so as to give me ideas for articles to add to my sites. I then write articles about those topics. This results in lots of articles on topics that people on the forum would find relevant - hence the visits.

Also as mentioned, I have been doing this for a long time - over ten years.