What is your writing process?

It’s important to have a set format that you use for the majority of articles. All articles written by myself or staff members follow the following:

1. Short introduction and concluder - no sub headers (2-4 lines)
  2. Short, evenly sizes, sub headed paragraphs (max 6 lines)

Using this structure, articles are easy to digest for readers and become simpler to write. For instance when researching first create the sections (i.e. 80-100 words per section) and then go from there.

Antony.

At first I do some research work on the particular topic on various sites, feel relaxed and then start writing by following the guidelines. I do not use the keywords too much and just emphasize on the main topic.

i like to write in a simple way. I avoid huge paragraph, but prefer to use small points. Thus my content looks simple and readers like to read it.

I think about what I want to say, and the tone I want to use.
Do some research on the topic so I know what I’m writing about.
I usually create an outline, sometimes I do this in my head, sometimes I put it on paper.
Start writing, no proofing, no grammar checks, just get the ideas on paper.
After I’m done, I ignore it for at least a half hour, sometimes more.
Reread it all and start making edits and grammatical corrections.

That was well said, I follow the same. I use to write articles and contents only when i am in a writing mood. Writing and designing are different from SEO and development as the former needs creativity and fresh thinking and while the later needs hard work and remembrance alone(may be just what i think Developers dont start to kick back)…

I agree with you too, But remember apart from our mood and researching writing also requires certain protocols for instance proper usage of bullets, punctuations and most importantly Subtitles are very useful, infact without the above 3 an article or content has little in power to keep the visitor on page.

Everyone has a different process so you have to find what works best for you.

For me I usually have a list of ideas that I browse first to get inspired. I pick the one that sounds best to me in that moment (or another idea) then I get comfortable and start. Writing I usually just go with whatever comes to mind then afterwards go back and edit to make it better.

My writing process has changed over time, but it’s fairly set at the moment. I wrote a blog post on it recently that breaks the process into steps (with pictures!): <snip/>

But the TL;DR version is basically this:
I start with an idea (usually this comes from a conversation, a blog post I’ve read, or a question I see in a forum somewhere). After research (if necessary), I break the topic into subheadings and then ‘word-vomit’ every keyword or idea I can think of for each subheading.

These notes become the skeleton of the piece, and I flesh it out from there. I’ve found that working with a basic framework helps me to stay on track and know what I’m working towards.

When I begin to write a passage, I would first do some research about the topic to see someone others’ ideas. Then I would make an outline. In the outline, I’ll list some keywords and topic sentences. After that, I would make a draft which will include those keywords and topic sentence. Then I would check my draft to make sure there are no grammar, syntactic and info mistakes. At last, transcribe the draft.

usually i spend 30-40 minutes reading the new, then I realize that i have no time left and try to write like for myself, in a sense “would i read it”. so basically i waste some time for a little bit and once inspired enough -get to writing)

Well if you write a content then it is a process, good process gives good content . Firstly you should right an appropriate unique title then you should give summary of your article then there should be at least 4 paragraphs of good content which is through the point…

Thats not a bad idea, my friend that is not wasting time, its actually perfect. But to add more i use to read my own articles and contents, before uploading or posting them. But in my experience i found that proof reading and quality checking done by the writer himself is not as perfect and accurate as it’s done by someone else. Thankfully i have a sister, who is in Germany, she will do the gentlewomen part of proof reading my writings.

I agree, but if we are to talk about how we write then i want to share what i do. I make extensive use of subtitles and bullets in my articles, contents and blogs, bullets and subtitles are an effective part of an article, they increase look and feel, make it easy to read, improves the presentation and they are also perfect place to use Keywords(for SEO). Usually readers take just a few seconds to decide whether to stay and read or find another article, here Bullets and subtitles will be of great help and most articles that are written just like stories in paras will get little or no visitors and readers.

Generally I don’t go to research on any topic .
I Juts start writing using my own thought and knowledge and if I find any doubt regarding to my topic then I search on internet.

I find that really sad. Even the topics in which you believe you are expert may undergo changes that you can only find through research. Unless it’s an opinion piece or a memory from my past, before I write anything, I research to be sure that the information I publish is current and correct. Even for opinion pieces, it helps to research to be sure your facts are straight and not remembered incorrectly.

First, I write an outline. I make sure that it addresses WHAT READERS would WANT to read.

Second, I sketch a quick introduction and a conclusion.

Third, I break down each main point into key points and supporting informatoin.

Fourth, I work on the title to make sure it is COMPELLING and ATTENTION-GRABBING (this can actually get VERY difficult)

Fifth, I beef up the conclusion and introduction. Intro = gets people excited about the discussion/thesis of the article. Conclusion = boost their curiosity regarding finding out more information and also ties in the article to their daily needs/concerns.

Start with the big idea.
Show why they should listen/read (appropriate to them)
Break it down into sub parts.
What makes each part important or interesting.
What’s the outcome of each part (why’s it important - what’s the message etc)
Summarize the important message points & relate it back to the big idea.

Write conversationally from the heart; as though you’re talking heart-to-heart with a friend.

I think it should very original and at the same time informative. Think about people you write to, put yourself on their place and decide what would they like to hear from you and in which manner. I liked all advces they are really good!!