Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage 1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
with 2GB GDDR5 memory
Built-in battery (8 hours)2

$2,599.00 

I would of considered the Mac Air if it was 15 inch. I have probably wasted in excess of 1000 hours over the last 11 years staring at my XP spinning its wheels. Im very much looking forward to some serious multitasking. At first I was leaning towards a window machine so I could keep all my adobe programs. But in the end I decided there are plenty of free and inexpensive alternatives like gimp and pixelmator and coda 2 and etc.

I have a retina Macbook Pro (same specs as PicnicTutorials). It’s a fine machine but the battery life is a joke.

I still use my old 2007 Mac Pro desktop for most things. It’s not noticeably slower and still a powerhouse.

@PicnicTutorials;, I agree. After switching to a Mac I am astonished at how my attitude has changed regarding my computer. In many respects the Mac is just “an appliance”; I turn it on, it does what I expect, I turn it off.
With the Windows machine(s) there was the constant tinkering and the ‘worry’ that something would fail. With the most recent versions of Windows (sorry to pick on Microsoft) it seems the machine is CONSTANTLY applying updates; which forces you to W A I T for the machine to shutdown.

Regarding the few crucial applications that run on Windows, I have a VMWare machine for several different ‘flavors’ of Windows and it runs perfectly on my Mac.

I use Acer Aspire 5742 its display blinks sometimes, not able to identify the problem yet…

dell is a brand for me durability and reliability of dell well and hard is solid and well in services

Yes i have a Dell Inspiron 14R. i am very happy with this.

Dell XPS 15inch - almost 3yrs old - my main workhorse and Macbook Pro 13inch.

Yeah I switch b/w Windows 7 and OSX a lot and no it doesn’t bother me (now). :wink:

And that worry is not present when tinkering with OSX? Its intelligent enough to self-heal and recover from any accidental mishaps? :slight_smile:

Some (a lot of actually) people would say thats a good thing that Microsoft is pro-active in updating and improving its product and doesn’t do it only when it hits the fan! :wink: But even then, yes I agree it can be annoying when you’re working and you get a notice that Windows needs to reboot to apply some patch. Which is why I keep my Windows Update on the download mode, it downloads any updates etc in background and lets me know that they’re available but doesn’t install them automatically. This way when I’m done with my work or as soon as I have few minutes to spare I install the (already downloaded) updates myself with the click of a button. If anything goes wrong with any update then its just a simple matter of system restore (again with a couple of clicks).

I do the same with my MBP, I install updates when I have time, it doesn’t do it on its own, and some updates there also need a system reboot. :slight_smile:

Yes, used laptop Accer.

hp core i3

i am using Macbook Air. It,s very Good. Apple has created ample improvements within the processor. The announcement created by Apple is all regarding the fourth info ult processor (dual-core). each the models are loaded with Haswell platform by Intel. in addition, each the models are battery-powered with 4GB RAM.

I am using dell laptop from last 6 months and its working great…

hey
I use HP and its good
Thanks
lisa

That is a processor, not a laptop.

Just to remind everybody, there are two questions to answer:

So please remember to explain the pros and cons, and add any other information you think is relevant. Posts which simply name a brand or model will be removed as fluff.

I am using LG laptop and İt isn’t speed. I can not say that I am very satisfied!

I am using the hot and stylish ultra slim Toshiba Satellite T235D-S1345 TruBrite 13.3-Inch Laptop ,it works like a charm,

i have use hp laptop 2000-2202tu and i am satisfy with that. their batter backup is 3-4 hours after full charging. my friend buy a lenovo laptop but its not working good 3 time he go to service center to repair their laptop. their camera, battery backup are less than my hp laptop

I am using Lenora laptop,i3 2gb ram with 1 year warranty.I personally believe Lenora is the best laptop with great facilities.

I am using DELL- Vostro 1015. It’s not good as compare to other dell products.