Who else would eat this?

I’ve never heard of, never mind tried, one of these - my diabetes is screaming at me, but I’d need to at least try one. Where do they originate from?

The initial picture? Arizona, specifically Phoenix, Arizona.

Churros in general, are a Spaniard cuisine, you can find them in most Spaniard countries (think Spain, Portugal, Mexico, South America (I assume), and Central Southern United States (Texas, Arizona, New Mexico).

Sounds like I ought to look some out in Austin next week then…

Definitely. You should be able to find Churros in Austin (I grew up in Houston, TX, and we had them everywhere there).

You’re from out of the country right?

You need to find some good Mexican Food, TexMex (also Mexican) and some good Country Food. There aren’t any good Mexican Chains, but Cracker Barrel is decent enough for Country.

Not sure what to suggest for Mexican or TexMex in the Austin area but it won’t be hard to find. But just to cover my butt, for some reason there I’ve found there are a lot of really bland restaurants that get highly rated and gets lots of business in the Mexican food genre, moreso than other kinds of food. I’m really not sure why. And don’t get Tacos, get something like a Chimichanga.

I think I remember you saying you’ve been to the US quite a bit before, but I still stand by my advice. :smiley:

This will be my 4th time to Austin, the only place in the US I’ve ever been to, unless you count JFK (I don’t :confounded: ). I know my way round the place quite well and know a few good food (and beer) places, so I’ll be quite safe. I’m from the UK in case you were wondering.

@cpradio I would devour that. And then in my shame I would probably eat another to cheer myself up.

5 Likes

Oh goodie. I’m not the only one who feels that way :smile: (granted, I don’t think I’d feel ashamed for eating it, but I’d still likely go for a second to really top off my day!)

1 Like

Is that a split-open Twinkie?

Too much dairy and wheat in it for me. But otherwise, I’d go for it! (You can get this sort of thing these days wheat-free, with things like coconut cream on top and more natural sugars, too.)

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Their slogan is “Fighting annorexia since 2005”.

They give diets…their disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Government agencies and various politically-correct busy bodies insist that we state: “The American Medical Association has denied Dr. Jon the right to continue practicing medicine in the United States. His nurses are not certified by the state of Nevada.”

Their menu - http://www.heartattackgrill.com/heart-attack-grill-menu.html

To sum it up in one word…MURRRRICCAAAA.

No, but that’d be aweseome!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.