Wordpress Theme Custom

Yes, how can I say it more clearly

Yes when i add a new code it mess up the other post

Then please post the code you added that broke things.

Ok and it is on http://beta.searkweather.com/index.php that is where you can see the site

I don’t need to see the site. Again, one last time, I need to see the PHP code resposible.

on that file there is no php code on that

Then why did you post a random link to a random page of your website? What page has the PHP code? Now open that up and give us the PHP for that page.

THis is extremely simple of us to ask yet it’s like pulling teeth.

I just updated the file that is index.php that does not have php on it at all

Then it’s a simple matter of typing in the content and uploading the file to your site.

That is what i am having to do by copying it from my site to the theme which i have 4 pages of

No one here can help you type via the internet.
I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood what the SitePoint forum is about - web dev.

Web pages are part of a website so I guess as far as that goes it is web.
But typing isn’t dev.

SitePoint members can help with a lot of things, but not with doing your typing for you I’m afraid.

Are theses the code i need to be using http://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop

Now we’re getting somewhere :thumbsup:

If the “Loop” isn’t the most important thing in WordPress, it’s close to it.

And although the Codex can be confusing until you get used to it, once you do it will help you many times.

So yes, I’m assuming you put the Loop into an index.php theme file?

That’s the file we need to see.

If there is no php code in your index.php file, you will not see any posts.

The loop is what looks for all the posts in your database and displays them.

Then how do i get it to work

Could you post the code you have for your index.php file?

Thank you for sending me your source html code. But we can see this from your link.

This is the code that the php file generates so that the browser can build the page. We need to see the original code from the index.php file that made this code.

Php is used to find the posts in the database, and arrange them in an html file that the browser can read and display.The php code is never visible from the browser source code.

Go into your dashboard to Appearance > Editor. In the list on the right-hand side under Templates, find the file called index.php. Click on that, then copy the code that appears in the edit box and post it here.

The code should be posted inside the code tags. So after you paste it here, highlight it then click on the </> icon at the top of your edit box.

I moved a post to a new topic: Determing which theme a site uses

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.