Work/Life balance?

Congrats!

I still might not have kids though, I don’t like kids. The older my wife gets the more she realizes she doesn’t really like or want them either. So it’s pretty much up to her. lol

It would be different if you were the father, I’m sure. Still, some people are not suited to be parents. I know I’m not

Thank you!

What do you mean some people are not suited to be parents. Don’t you want to have someone that you can pass your knowledge to? Someone to continue the things you’ve started. :wink:

No, definately no. Poor kid! :laughing:

Funny that. I was the same. I don’t like kids, especially not babies, but I decided when I was 34 that I want to have family around me when I’m older (I am really close to my family) so I’d have to take a hit in the short term. I had twins at 35 and it was the best thing ever. I still don’t like kids, but I love my own ones. They’re 5 now, and it’s been an amazing, beautiful ride.

It would be different if you were the father, I’m sure. Still, some people are not suited to be parents. I know I’m not

It’s a little bit of that and a little bit of some people are just not suited to be kids, I know I wasn’t. I don’t need another teenage me running around. I barely survived!

but I decided when I was 34 that I want to have family around me when I’m older (I am really close to my family) so I’d have to take a hit in the short term.

Yeah, I’m 30 now and my wife is 5yrs younger than me and still in school. We still have time and we want to enjoy the double income before seriously thinking about having them.

Totally!

I don’t think it is like that. You can’t help being a kid when you’re born. But you can help being a parent. And the way some parents treat their kids (not mentioning extreme cases such as drug addicts, etc…) makes me think that some of them shouldn’t be parents at all

In my case, I chose not have them and, at my age, my possibilities are getting smaller by the minute.

It is also true that I’m not in a relationship and I don’t plan to be. Maybe if I were, I would think it twice… and still doubt it :slight_smile:

It is very difficult to manage work and family life but have to adjust and live peacefully

I don’t understand, if you’re in your 20’s and you’re already thinking about having kids then that’s wrong. But if you are already in your 30’s and you’re saying you will not be able to treat a child properly, hmmm…

No, I’m saying that some people don’t care about children and can’t take care of them… but in my particular case, I don’t like them and never wanted them. Of course, if I had one I would take care of him the best as I could.

And I wish I was in my 30’s! lol

You can’t help being a kid when you’re born.

Yeah, I just meant it as a joke. I was a terrible kid, way worse than most.

That’s a bit of a sweeping judgement. :wink: I know plenty of parents that had kids in their 20s and younger.
My partner has a child that was born when he was 17 and he is one of the best parents I know.