#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Another one registering to say thank you bbparis for the detailed instructions. :slight_smile:

As for wamp documentation am I right in assuming that there isnā€™t really any apart from installation instructions perhaps due to the fact that itā€™s really only a starting point for other applications/services and you need to find documents for them at other places?

Dear Vanash, Iā€™m happy to read that you could resolve your problem, you are welcome.
Dear PunchCardBoy, nice to know that you resolved your problem too, and try to ask any question in this forum, because there are a lot of nice people here are ready to help other.

Best regards.
BB

Can anyone tell me MySQL console show me edit password, but i do not know it. Again and again #1045 - Access denied for user ā€˜rootā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ (using password: NO) I did all you said here.

hi lidelu you can try to folow what astroja posted, go to were your wamp is stored and open the folder writen wamp usually in the c: hard drive and then when you open it you can then find a folder called apps inside the wamp folder. after oppening the apps folder. look and open config.inc.php and find the following text:

$cfg[ā€˜Serversā€™][$i][ā€˜passwordā€™] = ā€˜ā€™; // MySQL password (only needed) then enter your password between quotes after the equal sign. pliz take care not to delete anything just add the password you used on installing the wamp server, enter it between the quotes an example is $cfg[ā€˜Serversā€™][$i][ā€˜passwordā€™] = ā€˜*******ā€™; after entering your password save the changes you have made and then close all the folders you have opened then restart your wamp and try to open the phpmyadmin again in wamp, your problem will be solved.

Hi I am a PHP novice here. I have the same problem as well. On your step 2. I suppose to have a blank screen (DOS), I didnā€™t have a blank screen. I have this line, enter your password. What password is it asking here?
I donā€™t have a password for my user account and the PHPmyAdmin installation. So I am puzzled here.

In config.inc.php I not have orange text:
$cfg[ā€˜Serversā€™][$i][ā€˜passwordā€™] = ā€˜ā€™; // MySQL password (only needed
my config.inc.php http://a.imageshack.us/img291/7757/greenshot20100725130641.jpg

when start http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ not ask for password.

In localhost/phpmyadmin-Privilegs indicates that the password was set http://a.imageshack.us/img291/3189/greenshot20100725130442.jpg
I do not understand what it means yellow note at the bottom.

I clear Recent History

Guys Im using easyphp and I canā€™t find out the ****in mysql console in mysql folder of it.

Any help??

I donā€™t understand, all that happens when I go to ā€˜consoleā€™ is I get prompted for a password and when I try plugging it in, the machine beeps loudly and it disappears. I must be missing something in the process. I donā€™t care about adding a password; I just want the myphpadmin to show the database. I had to reload wamp on another drive becuase things got so badly screwed up on the c and I ended up having to unistall it. Now Iā€™m at square one again but experiencing the same error: #1045 - Access denied for user ā€˜rootā€™@ā€˜localhostā€™ (using password: NO)

Donā€™t use the ; behind the password

Iā€™m writing with the assumption that u have already set the password for ur root folder on xampp or wamp

Jusr use ā€˜rootā€™ as ur username for phpmyadmin, n not the username u used for the root folder.
But for the password field, use the password u set for ur root folder.:slight_smile:

Hope this wud help

I have done that, but still ERROR POPS UPā€¦

ā€¦UNTILā€¦

ā€¦CLEAR THOSE CACHE & COOKIES & RECENT HISTORY OF YOUR BROWSER. THEN MyPHPADMIN WILL RETRIEVE FROM YOUR SETTINGS CONFIG FILE AND WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL INSTEAD FROM CACHE.

It takes the damn one whole day for me to figure this very simple solution step.

hi guys

i did exactly what you suggested, even more than once, and nothing changes. and i didnā€™t make such big changes in the phpmyadmin. right after i got that message i went to the forum and tried the solution quoted. please help me my site and database are closed for meā€¦

thank you

ok i have a very annoying problem

the phpmyadmin is logging in now, thanks to the great solution youvā€™e suggested! so thank you for that!

but i canā€™t log on to my site through localhost
i keep getting that message no matter what i do:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.

i donā€™t get it! what to do??

What error is being returned by MySQL? Try logging into MySQL with the same host, user and password combination as what your using for MySQL or alternativly in PHPMyAdmin create a new MySQL user that has suitable access rights just for the database for the app concerned and no other apps

hey. thanks for answering!

in the end i have erased all my files from localhost and installed joomla 1.6 all over again

now i have really dumb questions but it troubles me:

its working ok now, but i have no idea what was the problem, and iā€™m afraid to upload new folders for my other sites. like wordpress for example, to the localhost. and so iā€™m dtuck with only one folder that works. and iā€™m afraid to tuch it

what do you say can i create new folders in localhostā€¦?

Maybe you simply needed to shut down and restart the server? i.e. If you made config changes they donā€™t ā€œtakeā€ until a restart.

at first that really was the thing. i just needed to restart the servers and so i feell silly.

but afterwords, the problem with the mysql did not worked whatever i did, until i erased all my folders and reinstalled it. so in fact i didnā€™t really solved anything. and so iā€™m afraid to add more files and sites. i really donā€™t know what went wrong.

do you think i can upload more files to new sites allltogether to my localhost with new folders liuke wordpress etc.?

first, thank you for the great tutorial. I know this thread my be a little old, but I recently had this exact same problem only nothing was working for me until I came across this:

Step1: Go to Control Panel
Step2: Click Administrator Tools
Step3: Click Services
Step4: Find MySQL Service
Step5: Right click and click stop
Step6: Now Restart Wampserver

If nothing else is working give it a shot, it worked for me.

You know whatā€¦

I just registered not too long ago and was about to quote Iamsam123ā€™s quote with the same problem.

But for my last effort I decided to try THIS solution and by Godā€™s grace it WORKED!!!

You have my highest gratitude!!! Thanks so much!

:slight_smile:

iā€™m ussing Google Chromeā€¦ i cleaned the cachĆ©. and works!!! its important