3 Reasons You Should NOT Use Wordpress

I think every newcomer is told to install a wordpress blog and have at it, and
I can understand why. Wordpress is simple and easy to install. Just click on
the Fantasico icon, two more clicks and you’re ready to be a big time blogger.

Here is why you should NOT use a Wordpress blog:

1. Wordpress is filled with footprints. A footprint is like a signature informing
    everyone, search engines and other scrapers, that the CMS is Wordpress. If
    one of your goals is to have a unique site with unique content, this is not
    good. The search engines can also quickly detect which plugins you have
    installed.

2. Rumor has it that based on some of those plugins, you could be penalized
    for over optimization, over pinging, keyword stuffing, over advertising, etc.
    etc. Basically, a Wordpress blog is just a run-of-the-mill site; nothing
    special or unique. Installing a different theme gives it a better look, but
    does not change the underlying problems.

3. There are over 22 million wordpress blogs*, about 11 million hosted on
    wordpress.com, and about 11 million self hosted. How will your blog ever
    stand out?

If you want to actually add something to the web that will attract traffic,
you would be better off using notepad and upload with FTP. I remind my
members often that creativeness and innovation are the keys to success
online.

imo,
Bompa

All points mentioned by OP are not true.

I see WP sites that stands out with high PR, high traffic and high Alexa ranking.

I think this poster was trying to start some sort of flame war…

#fail

Really? Really truly?

How’s about you tell us which search engine penalises you for using the same CMS as someone else – and show your proof, please.

1. Rumor has it that based on some of those plugins, you could be penalized
    for over optimization, over pinging, keyword stuffing, over advertising, etc.
    etc. Basically, a Wordpress blog is just a run-of-the-mill site; nothing
    special or unique. Installing a different theme gives it a better look, but
    does not change the underlying problems.

So do some research. Yeah, some of the plugins produce nasty garbage that wrecks your SEO and makes you look like a black hat jerk, but

1. There are over 22 million wordpress blogs*, about 11 million hosted on
    stand out?

:sing: Because coooontent is kiiing!

Heaps of a-list bloggers use WordPress (or Blogger or Movable Type or ExpressionEngine or…). The reason they’re there is not the platform they chose – it’s what they do with it.

online.

It’s not April, is it?

Isn’t Blogger a CMS with core functionality similar to Wordpress? Isn’t Blogger owned by Google?

:eek:

:lol:

Haha…yeah. I’m going to sit there and author Web 2.2 websites in notepad…Sorry, I have a life.

“Rumor has it” that this aint 1995 anymore.

All Wordpress can be unique if their design and content unique.
All others websites are all the same also if you say that all Wordpress blogs are all the same.
Wordpress is the best, if we don’t use it, what do you recommand?

Well it is the easiest CMS that is why people love it. Whats the difference in using wordpress from Joomla or other CMS. If search engines can do detect CMS usage then it makes no difference.

One thing I don’t like about wordpress is the security, if you don’t update there is bigger chance of getting hacked. And also the older versions of your themes and plugins don’t work in the newer versions. Its one thing I hate about it, but the UI is the best so far.

WordPress is also open source. You can remove anything you don’t want to show up.

1. Rumor has it…

That’s not a reason to not use WordPress. Got any facts?

1. There are over 22 million wordpress blogs*, about 11 million hosted on
    stand out?

As previously stated…content.

online.

Sure, my computer illiterate clients will love me for that :rolleyes:

All they want to do is log in click a few buttons and be done. That’s not too much to ask. I’m hired to make things easier for them.

You state that “creativeness and innovation are the keys to success online”… I’m pretty sure “notepad and FTP” lost its innovative status many many years ago…

You pretty much said what I was going to say. These are some ridiculous reasons for not using Wordpress.

I was using blogspot and the blogger team deleted my blog and I could not make an appeal. So now I shift all my blogs to Wordpress.

If we don’t use Wordpress, what is the better option? At least in Wordpress, we own the database. In blogspot, we don’t.

Huh? The fact that someone is using a certain CMS to manage their content is irrelevant to the SE’s. Uniqueness is not determined by what powers the back end of a site, it’s the actual content. (shock, horror)

I think you might have just contradicted yourself, first you say that you may be penalized for using WP as the SE’s can tell what plugins you have installed. Then you go on to say that a WP site is just like any other site. I think the later is the case it’s just another site.

You would stand out by publishing unique quality content that interests people of whatever niche you have chosen to blog about.

Using Notepad does not seem very creative or innovative to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

First time i am coming across such type of comments. Needs to be cross checked further. There may be vital issues involved in it, eventhough majority prefer or back wordpress.