301 two domains to main domain?

I have two content sites that have good links and PR. However I abandoned them a few years ago, cleaned them out and reduced them to a gateway homepage which basically links to the site I now spend all my time at.

My question is whether I should keep the two domains using the gateway pages or should I just go ahead and remove the gateway pages and do a 301 redirect to my main site. fyi, they are all related in topic.

Web pages have PR - web addresses don’t so you lost all the PR when you deleted the pages.

Having them link to gateway pages mean that the search engines will rank that gateway page whereas doing the redirect will mean the search engines will drop the links as duplicates.

So it really depends on how many incoming links each has and whether you think it more likely the links will be retained if you keep the gateway pages or if you redirect.

Thanks for your response. I’m sure the gateway pages don’t have any links to it. I just don’t want negative affects if I 301 to my main site. I looked at the google index and they’ve already removed most pages so there wont be much 301 to 404.