500 Internal Server Error

So damn frustrating…

I’m going to make an assumption that you got that error trying to access the forums? If you could document the date/time you receive them and (when you get in, post them here) that’d help. I know “we” staff have reported a few of these to @HAWK ; from time to time and she really needs dates/times so she can have the logs looked at.

What he said ^ :slight_smile:

I had spent 25 minutes composing a post hen I got that error when I tried submitting it. (Thank God I learned long ago to SELECT-ALL and then COPY anything I type before hitting “Submit” in case the HTTP crashes!!)

I tried resubmitting things for maybe 20 minutes, and then figured out how to HACK things…

I cut & paste parts of my new post - from my temp TextEdit file - into the web form and added random text (i.e. "500 Internal Server Error ") in between paragraphs. This tricked the system into takingt hings.

It was like it wouldn’t initially accept my post because it was being treated as a “dup”.

Lots of others have had the same issue and ended up losing lots of work over the years because of this… (Good thing I’m smart enough to out-fool the bug?!)

If you could document the date/time you receive them and (when you get in, post them here) that’d help. I know “we” staff have reported a few of these to @HAWK ; from time to time and she really needs dates/times so she can have the logs looked at.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?1027000-Question-about-Directories-amp-Indexes&p=5389252&viewfull=1#post5389252

Last edited by DoubleDee; Today at 15:04. (Wednesday, April 10, 2013 @ 3:04pm Arizona Time) Reason: 500 Internal Server Error

There you go…

Debbie

Okay, I believe this may be a “somewhat known” limitation, where long replies can cause a 500 Internal Server error (at least I’ve run into something similar).