500 word article

Hi there

Can someone tell me how much they charge for a 500 worded article. Also I am interested to know what topics people cover.

Thank you.

Hi pmy3, and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Why are you asking? If you’re looking to hire copy writers, this isn’t the place to do it. No advertising/soliciting/hiring is permitted on the forums. If you’re wondering how much to charge for your own work, then it would help if you gave a few more details - like where you’re based. I imagine the going rate for a 500 word article will vary somewhat, depending on whether you’re in Bolton, Bombay or Baltimore. :slight_smile:

Hi TechnoBear

I am asking to give me some idea as to what to charge. I am in London.

Hi,

I recently got into writing articles (only done a couple so far), one was about GUI programming in Ruby, the other about client-side storage in JavaScript.

For the most recent I got paid $200 for 1200 words (slightly over).
This would pan out at ca. $85 for 500 words.
I have no idea if it is good money, but it seemed ok to me.

What would you be writing about?

Hi Pullo

Thanks for the response. I would be writing about general marketing

For a 500 words article normally anybody going to charge you around 50-100$ while fully depends on the what kind of article it required. For tough topics they may charge more and on common topics like seo it would be little lesser as there is much competition in em them.

You should search google or can post on fivver to get the things!

Price discrimination really takes place (at least for me) on a subject matter basis. If it’s a general subject matter that already has a variety of content out there from which to draw I might do it for around $35 whereas if it is on a more refined topic that 1) either I have a particular skill/knowledge set about that sets me apart from another writer or 2) it would require more in depth research before I could complete it I might charge $85. For something about general marketing I’d think closer towards the $35-$50 range.

I could get 500 words article for only 5 Dollars even less.
Try elance.com and create a job for new elancers, tell them upon completion of the work you will give them 5 stars or good ratings.

And the quality of said article would be what?
Not very high, I’m willing to bet.

Time is money. If you have time and you can write good quality and no money then do it yourself. If you don’t have time and you have money and can’t write good content pay someone to do it for you. It’s a process of finding a good writer. Not so much as it is the price, just like anything you can pay a lot for bad quality as you can spend the same amount for good quality…try Article Underground…google it, good resource, been around for years.

And a good writer costs money.

Well he’s an American, about the quality it’s better than Indian writers.

The rate will depend on your keyword, article quality and requirement. If you just want a normal article then it should charge $2-$10. If you want a high quality article with related unique images, info graphics or video then it should be high from $20 - $100.

I told you previous that rate will depend on niche.

If your niche is blogging and seo related then rate will be low.
If your niche is insurance, auto, real estate, voip and technology related then rate will be higher.

Thank you.

The normal price of a well written 500 word article is ranging from $15 to $100, even more, depends on how good the article is and where the writer based. I have been writing articles for many years and most of my clients offer me a good rate for my writing that I’m happy with it.

If you maintain the right quality in the 500 words article, then 500 words are enough. You will get paid well for the article only if it is informative and provides with value to the people.

Off Topic:

@MilesWeb ; Is there any reason you have the beer emoticon in your signature? The way I would read it is “Easy, Reliable, Faster Hosting Service if you are drunk” which is hardly confidence inspiring …

lol. I think I was drunk when I updated the signature. :wink:

The price is different from a location to another, but the average in my experience is $1 per 100 words and that’s for real content with helpful information and not just a copy past articles. You can find cheap prices in popular forums, people pots their offers and your can comunicate with them.

Articles, where the writer charges $1 per 100 words, will, 999 times out of 1000, be of a low quality.
Simple as that.

Hi,

I can only reiterate what I said in post#4.
Would be interested to hear what others think.

HTH