99% of all search traffic from Google (how is this possible?)

This seems very strange to me: nearly 99% of ALL my organic search traffic is coming from Google, with barely 1% coming from all other search engines combined. It’s been this way for over a year, and I’m now trying to figure out what’s going on.

Now I know Google is the runaway market share leader, but numbers so one-sided seem really fishy to me. And yes, Analytics is a Google product, but I can’t imagine they’d lie outright about where search traffic is coming from.

Any ideas? Are these types of #'s typical? I just can’t imagine how it’s possible that it’s THAT lopsided.SERPs, yet only 1 or two from all other search engines!??

Have you tried using robots.txt to tell Google to stay away so you can see the others better?

2 Likes

I’ve got client sites that are very similar, despite being index on Bing and others as well.

…wut? I don’t need Google to stay away. I can see the breakdown just fine in Analytics…

(If I missed an attempt at sarcasm, k)

1 Like

Have you checked to see if Bing and other search engines have indexed your site? One way to do that would be to do a site: search in each of those engines.

Mike

Do you have an account with Bing Webmaster Tools?
http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/

It’s somewhat like Google’s Webmaster Tools and should let you see how your site is performing in the Bing/Yahoo index

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.