99designs

hello! i figured out 99design is a trusted source for freelancing…do i need to know coding to earn money from 99designs? is it only enough to know photoshop to win contests in 99designs?

if client ask for a responsive webdesign how can i design it from photoshop??

i think someone will help me

thank you

These are questions you should really know the answer to if you’re going to offer web services. Though people get what they pay for on contest and crowd sourcing sites. So no surprise there…

I would hardly call crowd sourcing websites freelancing. It gives a bad time to those who actually take the time to setup a business using contracts paying taxes and above all else working directly with a client. Throwing crap into the wind and hoping it sticks is not freelancing.

Confirming once again the typical level of skill service providers on crowd sourcing and contest websites have.

If you have specific questions feel free to ask them. However, what you’re asking is a little like asking how to become a medical or legal professional. You should pick up some books or online courses to learn. No single post on a forum is going instruct you how to properly make a website or provide an acceptable service level for clients.

Hi dany123, welcome to the forums.

Have you checked out How it works ?

@oddz thank you for the reply…but can u check this link http://99designs.com/help/what-should-i-ask-the-winning-designer-to-provide

then how can i design a responsive web site…
im asking this here because 99designs is a sister site of sitepoint … im very confused

@mittineague brother can u check the link i provided?
im very confused

I’m a volunteer for the SitePoint forums and I don’t know everything about much else, but I’m sure @HAWK; who does have connections with SitePoint the company can be of some help.

@ oddz thank you bro!

@mittineague thank you!! ill ask it from him … :slight_smile:

her :wink:

I can help you out.

No, 99designs isn’t freelancing, it’s crowdsourced design. You compete against other designers to create the winning design.

That link specifies that you’d need to provide your site design as a Photoshop file. You’re designing the high-level principles, you’re not actually coding the site. So no, you don’t need to provide a responsive site, or any site at all… just the image. :slight_smile:

Make sure you read the specs of each contest that you enter as they will specify exactly what deliverables they require.

Hope that helps.

I think you have to be an expert designer if you want to be in on 99designs. Photoshop, illustrator and all other design tools are your first needs. But It depend on the type of contest you are joining weather you need to know html/css or not.

hello! thanks hawk! and starwebdesigner!!

and i have a another question…

whats the point of learning coding,if we can earn big money prizes from 99 designs??
i think you can understand what i mean
how much can a coder earn online… can someone pls help me…what are the ways to earn online as a webdesigner who knows how to code? @ hawk need your help bro

I’ve used 99 Designs on both sides (creator and buyer). It depends on what you’re agreeing to do. If you’re just doing graphics, all you need is Photoshop, and you’ll provide the PSD files at the end of the project. If you’re doing coding, then yes, you need to know coding :slight_smile: