A CMS based around a 'vote up' idea

Hi,

I’m looking to create what I hope will be a fairly simple CMS, it will involve 18 set categories, and for each category I would like for people to be able to add articles, and for other users to vote those articles up.

Eventually I’d like to be able to sort these articles to see the best rated of the past day, week, month, all time etc, and also just view by chronological order.

I guess the best example I can think of is Reddit.com, but in terms of actual content it is absolutely /nothing/ like Reddit (just users sharing their experiences on a very specific matter) so I don’t know if that’s a good comparison.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, thank you!

ps. preferably something in PHP, and something free would be amazing! thanks again

Sounds Pretty Straight forward.

I would use Drupal and use its taxonomy system to create my categories. Using taxonomy lets you go in and adjust the categories at any time in the future to extend, rename, etc… Then I would use the up/down module for the voting part. The up/down module is available for Drupal 6 but it’s in development for Drupal 7 so I’m not sure how stable it is. Info here: http://drupal.org/project/vote_up_down

Good luck,
Andrew

Ahh, that looks perfect! Thank you so much, just looking at the demo now :slight_smile: