A fun quiz for Thursday

How much do you know about the web and digital technology?
Take this 12 question quiz and find out (takes about 5 minutes).

I managed 9 out of 12. Can anyone beat that (I sure hope so).

I got 11 out of 12 :smile:

I missed the question on Moore’s law, I should have known that.

Good job :smile:
I missed that one, too.
Embarrassingly I also thought that the internet and the world wide web were the same thing.

Yikes! May have to take back your JS Guru “status” :smile: :wink:

I couldn’t believe I got the iPhone one correct. I knew it was a while ago, just didn’t realize it was “that” long ago.

Failed Moore’s law, the year that iPhone showed up and the name of the woman in the picture. Not a clue of who she is.

Yeah, scary isn’t it!!

I got that one right. Pure guesswork intuition

I got 10 out of 12. But I don’t feel at all bad at not knowing which year the iPhone came out, or not being able to recognise a photo of Sheryl Sandberg. Not exactly vital knowledge, in my humble o.

Mike

1 Like

Ah, that’s who it was.

I only knew who she was because I recently read an article about her, and it had that picture! :smile: How lucky was that.

Somewhat to my astonishment, I scored 8 out of 12. I expected to do much worse. I managed not to recognise either photo (but facial recognition was never my strong point ), and didn’t know the answers to either the iPhone or Facebook questions. (But then, I’ve never used either, so don’t feel I ought to know anything about them. )

I’m not even going to say what I got. It was bad.

8/12
But really why should I know that woman or that Harvard was the first university on the Internet? :confused:

1 Like

Mark was a part of Harvard. He originally created Facebook ONLY for his Harvard classmates. Not sure why I know that. Read it somewhere.

9/12. Didn’t know the woman, Thought Moores law was doubling of processor speeds or w/e every 18 months (or memory?) and I thought IE was the first graphical browser in 1993 (was Mosaic)

Yeah, that’s what I thought!

To be fair, that’s the only “law” I know related to computer (I only studied CJ in college…thankfully employers overlooked that)

It was on the movie.

Never saw the movie. I definitely read it somewhere.

11/12

I missed the Sheryl Sandberg question. It was a 50/50 guess between her and Meg Whitman. I know what the other 2 look like.

11/12

Some were guesses, I admit, like identifying the lady. I got the Moore’s Law one wrong, because I don’t have a clue what it’s about. :stuck_out_tongue:

11/12

I thought the first widely popular graphical browser was Netscape, when it was actually Mosaic (which I was between the two).

It’s where the processing power of the computer processor doubles every 18 months.

That’s right, and a processors speed is mainly determined by how many transistors you can get on a chip. Saying that it is the doubling of processing power every 18 months is much easier to understand for joe bloggs than the number of transistors on a processor doubles every 18 months, so the first description is rightly more common.

1 Like