A job search advice needed

Hi everybody!
Apologies for a potentially stupid question but could anybody please give me some pointers on how to get a remote job that would mostly involve HTML and CSS coding (like PSD to HTML or something).
Hope I am not too far off topic. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Have you got a portfolio to show your artistic skills or links to websites you have created?

Hi Sogo. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot to show for it because I work as IT project manager and most of the time I can’t get involved into the process actually building something. But I try to use every opportunity to get my hands dirty. Here is a couple of projects I am currently working with a friend mine http://www.behance.net/willkanoff. I realize this is no very much but I can always do a specific task upon request, just to show what I can do…

You can try forums like DP ( digital point ) and get some small jobs to start. Depends on your expertise as well. But if you are just starting you can start for FREE there. And when you grow your skills you can earn some $$$ too. Once you expertise with XHTML/CSS you can then build up your own portfolio :slight_smile:

I hope i won’t get banned for this post ! :S

Hey, pravash. I’ve already posted on DP. I think you might be right. Although I have some experience in building WP themes with HTML5 and SASS ( i.e. I am not really a “dummy” or at least I’d like to think so :lol:) I would probably need to do some coding for free to beef up my portfolio and skills. Thanks for the tip.

Don’t give up. Post everyday in some new place. And one day probably you’ll get it!

Thanks for the good vibes JYI:). I won’t give up…

You’re welcome. I did it before – I posted regularly my wishful jobs and I got some offeres. At last I found some places and I had been able to choose the best one for me. You’ll get the point of saturation in one moment. For example if there are some good jobs for you somewhere, if you make everyday some ad in 1 year you’ll get 365 ads and your chance will be bigger.

Good one! Thanks again:D!

You would be better off self employed. Make some templates and offer them for sale on forums, this one is good to make money and then build a website offering design and coding. I have paid ÂŁ100 for coding before so if you are good you will make good money.

Being self-employed is tough. It’s not something that should be done at the drop of a hat if you already have gainful employment, as you will lose the stability of a regular paycheck. If you do go that route, it would be best to gear things up while you have a regular hourly job to make sure that you can make the transition over to self-employment. Self-employment is typically feast or famine, and you typically won’t see a regular paycheck like with an hourly job unless you’re very successful.

There are online job creation sites you can apply for online. Since you’re offering program language services, I say you should give proof (e.g. portfolio or actual examples) to potential employers. If they haven’t contacted you for a long time, try to contact them yourself if it’s allowed. But don’t be a pest by calling them everyday. You’ll be marked as a pest. Try calling them after a week or so. This will tell them that you’re really interested in them.