A quick question on wordpress. what if your site goes down

is there an auto email to the site admin if site goes down?
or is would that be a plugin?
Thank you
D

If you need to monitor the website, it’s best to use a ping service. I’ve used pingdom in the past.

If your site breaks, there’s no guarantee that would even have the capability to send an email, depending on what sort of issue there might be.

I’m no server guru or anything but there *might be a way to send an email when a request for something like the home page results in a 404. I guess it really depends on what the definition of a “site going down” entails. There are multiple ways to define. You could define that as the server going down, an expected page issuing a 404 or probably go as far to say something does not look.work properly on a site. I have had “site going down” be explained to me in all the above contexts. When in reality my definition is more of a lines of web server going down or a page that is expected to work has a server side, unrecoverable error of some kind.

you can use some service like freewebmonitoring which sends you the email immediately as soon as your website goes down.