About my blog

Hello friends,

I am having one critical question regarding my client website blog. I would like to keep secret that domain name. So, Assume my website name is sslgravity.com – A blog about earth gravity.

My website has been almost ruled out from Google search results before on 7-8 months. Exactly after Sep-Oct.2012 EMD|Panda|Penguin updates from Google. I have worked a lot on this website. But before I got this project one another guy did spam a lot to get the higher result. When my blog was out of search result I analyzed plenty of things like on-page (content, internal links, Header tags, etc.), Off-page, Domain name etc.

When I found plenty of spammed links I removed all of them, I re-update my website with whole new content, better on-page and started to build quality back-links along with brand reputation. After waiting more than five months my website is still not ranking on 98 post keywords out of 100.

One thing I investigated that the domain name of my website is similar to one authority website and its product name. But that website is of total different category business then us.

I.e. solid-stat-logic is very reputed website and having good online authority as well. The website selling something sound related product named with Gravity. They use to call their brand with SSL (Solid-State-Logic). There is doubt in my mind that my blog might be affected with EMD update

It might be penalized because of Panda or Penguin update but I am not sure. I tried and contacted Google via webmaster tool and inquired about any penalization of my website. And they replied that your website is not part of any penalization by Google. :frowning: But still after almost 10months we do not found my blog on Google search results.

NOW…,

I have redesigned my website with all new content. But still one confusion in mind that should I publish newly designed website and content on same domain OR I should get new domain relevant to my existing one.? One reason to stay with same domain is its Brand popularity.

Can I have solution?

Your domain is not burned, Google doesn’t work like that. I have burned out many domains (intentionally) and upon redesigning the site and adding unique content consistently, the sites have all slowly regained rank.

Google wants to help its users, not penalize webmasters. As long as you give them what they want (unique content that their users will benefit from viewing) then they will reward you over time.

My advice would be better go with a new domain. Take care in each and every step of the optmization process.

That’s right alabamaseo. Google always keen to provide better and most appropriate results to their users. So there is a chance to come back with same domain name with better on-page and quality content.

Will you please elaborate why I should go with new domain?

Why you need a new domain? Web site age matters to Google. So built on old domain name.