About Photoshop cs5

Hi…

I just want to learn photoshop cs5…
Can any one say me what book should i get and which will do good for beginners and for Illutrator cs5 also

Personally, the way I learned Photoshop was with online tutorials.

What I would recommend first would be to learn the basic workspace. The toolbar, the layers panel, they type tool, the move tool, marquee tool, etc. After that, you can just use regular tutorials that tell you how to do specific things in order to accomplish different tasks. Through making complete pictures, you can learn the basics of Photoshop.

I haven’t started learning Illustrator, but if you find a good method, please let me know :smiley:

Good luck and stay patient!
~TehYoyo

Note: Don’t fool around with the pen tool until you’ve got a good understanding of how it works. Seriously. Don’t. :smiley:

Photoshop is primarily a graphic design tool, not a Web design tool, so I’ve moved this to the graphics forum. :slight_smile:

Forget about wasting money on books. The new way is to learn it all online and that is exactly what I did. I learned through tutorials online and on forums. When you get down the basics, you’ll see it is easier to get the advanced graphics you see everywhere online.

In all honesty, it’s better to get an introductory book or class (in-person or online) to get at least a basic working knowledge of how things work, where things are, and what you can do with it.

Yes, there is an abundance of tutorials. However–you at least have to know the basics to either “fill-in” the missing information in the tutorial when some knowledge is assumed. Also, you need to be able to tell the difference between a tutorial showing good practices/techniques and bad ones.

Yes, you can probably sort-of learn using just tutorials. However, you’re likely to pick up a number of inefficent and bad habits along the way.

I don’t know why everyone wants to buy books. Maybe it’s because I’m a full-time student, but I love my local library…and the best part? Absolutely free! (Don’t go into shock on me.

~TehYoyo

Try online tutorial. If i want to learn something just write keywrod like this on google “best illustrator tutorial” “best after effect tutorial” usually a tutorial from smashing magazine and videocopilot will comes up first. They are top notch tutorial.

just watch tutorials on youtube…