"About Us" page

For my current client, I want to add a section about the company.

Originally I was just going to have an “About Us” page, but then I thought it might be nice to have a section called “Company History” and another called “Our Staff”, including photos.

Should I combine both subsection into an"About Us" page, or would it be better to break thinks out into separate pages?

Depends on the amount of content, ihmo. If there’s only a little bit of info on each topic, put it on one page, but if there’s a lot on each, break them up.

1 Like

^ What he said!

Look at now much content there will be and make a decision based on that.

No need of separation. You can merge both term ‘company history’ and ‘our staff’ in about us page. For any business about us page is essential thing to build trust of peoples.

Totally Agree with Somya.

Google values long form content. Why not combine them into one page?

That depends on how long it is - because sometimes the user doesn’t value long form, it annoys them.

One thing that might help if you decide you’d like some of both worlds - have a dropdown menu choice.

About Us (goes to top of about us page, intro about company)

• Our History (In page link that goes to just below the intro, the “Our History” article/content)
  • Our Staff (In page link that goes to the Our Staff area)

That way, you get speedy navigation for users, but it’s also all in one spot, meaning less page loading and things?

/shrug

I think split, all together, or the above are all viable options here. Whatever suits your (client) needs best.

in my point of view keep it separate so user can navigate easily and landed on a page what they need

It would be much better if you segment the whole thing, just have separate sections like the ones you have mentioned such as company history. But do not forget to mention exactly what kind of products and services you offer. .

Yeah I was in the same situation with the redesign of my companies
website, it is a good solution to combine pages that are alike.

thanks for bringing up that topic as i too was not very sure about it for my own website.

Perhaps you can have them all on the one page with subheadings that “open out” to reveal these sub-sections on the same page. So they appear succinctly hidden with the option of expanding when clicked on the sub section icons.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.