About wordpress basic

Hi…

Im new to wordpress,just started learning…

I want to know these things in wordpress…can anyone clear these things…

1.what is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org

2.Can we use our own forms like contact forms,registration form…etc…
for example if i use contact form with php code…i have to connect it to the Mysql DB table how to implement this…

3.Can i get my own domain name for example Danielbala.com instead of danielbala.wordpress.com??

4.can we combine wordpress with php,mysql,flash and photoshop??

5.after i done with my professional website what i have to do for hosting…can some one explain me in detail…

6.Can u say me about the hosting im new to all these things…what i have to do with the hosting…

Thanx in advance

G’day. :slight_smile:

1.what is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org

At wordpress.org, you can download WP as a bunch of code and upload it to your own web hosting account and manage and customize it yourself, whereas at wordpress.com, you sign up for a free, hosted account, but you then have less control over the site.

2.Can we use our own forms like contact forms,registration form…etc…
for example if i use contact form with php code…i have to connect it to the Mysql DB table how to implement this…

Certainly you can do that—at least if you place the WP code on your own hosting account.

3.Can i get my own domain name for example Danielbala.com instead of danielbala.wordpress.com??

Yes, you can use the WP code on your own hosting account with your own domain name, or you can use the wordpress.com service and pay a small fee to change the URL to your own domain name.

4.can we combine wordpress with php,mysql,flash and photoshop??

Yes … particularly is you use the WP code at wordpress.org on your own server. (Photoshop is just for preparing images, though.)

5.after i done with my professional website what i have to do for hosting…can some one explain me in detail…

You get hosting separately, unless you have a free website at wordpress.com (though that’s not really very ‘professional’). So, go to a web hosting company and buy your web hosting package and a domain name (or get the domain name from another company) and then upload the wordpress.org files to your new hosting account. In fact, a lot of web hosting companies provide you wiht a button you can click to install WordPress without having to download it first, but I recommend you download it anyway and then upload it to your hosting account. Have a look at the ‘5 minute install’ instructions.

6.Can u say me about the hosting im new to all these things…what i have to do with the hosting…

Go to a web hosting company and sign up for a year’s hosting. There are thousands of them. I would say go for a Linux/Apache hosting package. Maybe Google “web hosting [your country]” for hosting options.

Thanx in advance

You’re welcome in retrospect. :slight_smile:

And one more doubt…

for each website that we create shud we install wordpress each time or can we maintain many websites under one wordpress dashboard??

You can do it, but I wouldn’t do that unless all of the sites are yours. Don’t do it if the sites belong to various clients. (Well, I haven’t used this WP features, so I’m saying that as a ‘gut response’).

I Googled this issue, and here’s one (of many) links that may be of use:

http://shawnplep.com/wordpress/run-multiple-sites-with-one-wordpress-install/